Re: Presenting myself, my Recs Site and my fics

  • ptyx666
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2005
      Thanks, Nita! I am indeed planning to write a sequel to "A Noble and
      Arduous Challenge", but it's hard to decide, having half of my
      fannish friends asking me to make it slash and the other half begging
      me to keep it gen!

      Anyway, now I'm taking a break until the release of HBP, so I'll have
      some time to decide!

      Thanks for your kind words,

      ~Ptyx

      --- In PotionsandSnitches@yahoogroups.com, "Nita" <nitamantooth@c...>
      wrote:
      > Hey there Ptyx!! I just went and read the two stories you wrote,
      and I loved them both!! You should consider, really consider
      expanding them and making them longer, especially A Noble and Arduous
      Challenge. That one would make a really great novel length story,
      with lots of fall out from the war, what happened to Ron and
      Hermione, Harry and Snape's now professional lives at Hogwarts...my
      friend, this is a story begging to be written. Please consider it.
      I know you say you prefer slash, and I must now say that I cannot
      read slash. I don't agree with it nor do I condone it, but that is
      my personal belief and not to forced on anyone else!! :) In other
      words, you and everyone else are free to write about whatever you
      like!! If I want to read, I will, and if I don't, I won't. But I
      did feel compelled to tell you that those two general stories you
      wrote were superb, and if you do decide to expand either one of them,
      I'll definitely be there to read them!!!!

      > Good luck and welcome to the group!!!
      >
      > Cheers!! Nita

      Gen
      > Recs" page (http://ptyx.noigandres.com/shgen.html). There are
      still
      > few stories recced there, but they are my favourite ones. Now
      that
      > I've joined this group, perhaps I'll be reading more Gen fics. ^_^
      >
      > If you want to see the other recs, you can enter here:
      > http://ptyx.noigandres.com/pr_recs_eng.html
      >
      > I wrote only two Gen fics with Snape and Harry:
      > "New Leader" - http://ptyx.noigandres.com/newleader.html
      > and "A Noble and Arduous Challenge" -
      > http://ptyx.noigandres.com/anoble.html
      >
      > I hope we can be good friends!
      >
      > ~Ptyx

      > My site: http://ptyx.noigandres.com
      > My lj: http://www.livejournal.com/~ptyx

      of Service.

      ----------
    • Jan AQ
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
        Haha, maybe if we beg really prettily... :)

        Or maybe this potential thought will help make up your mind: not all Snape and Harry gen readers seem to be able to enjoy slash, but most slash readers can still enjoy Gen.

        And there seem to already be a lot of post Hogwarts, teaching at Hogwarts slash novelas, but hardly any Gen ones. I can't recall one. It would be unique and completely unexplored if you decided to go the gen route! I am salivating just thinking about it!

        Jan

        ptyx666 <theptyx@...> wrote:
        Thanks, Nita! I am indeed planning to write a sequel to "A Noble and
        Arduous Challenge", but it's hard to decide, having half of my
        fannish friends asking me to make it slash and the other half begging
        me to keep it gen!

        Anyway, now I'm taking a break until the release of HBP, so I'll have
        some time to decide!

        Thanks for your kind words,

        ~Ptyx

        Yahoo! Mail

      • ptyx666
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
          Very true, Jan. You're quite persuasive! I'll take your opinion into
          account!

          ~Ptyx

          --- In PotionsandSnitches@yahoogroups.com, Jan AQ <jan_aq3@y...>
          wrote:
          > Haha, maybe if we beg really prettily... :)
          >
          > Or maybe this potential thought will help make up your mind: not
          all Snape and Harry gen readers seem to be able to enjoy slash, but
          most slash readers can still enjoy Gen.

          > And there seem to already be a lot of post Hogwarts, teaching at
          Hogwarts slash novelas, but hardly any Gen ones. I can't recall one.
          It would be unique and completely unexplored if you decided to go the
          gen route! I am salivating just thinking about it!

          > Jan
          >

          > ptyx666 <theptyx@g...> wrote:
          > Thanks, Nita! I am indeed planning to write a sequel to "A Noble
          and
          > Arduous Challenge", but it's hard to decide, having half of my
          > fannish friends asking me to make it slash and the other half
          begging
          > me to keep it gen!
          >
          > Anyway, now I'm taking a break until the release of HBP, so I'll
          have
          > some time to decide!
          >
          > Thanks for your kind words,
          >
          > ~Ptyx
          >
          > ---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Mail
          > Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour
        • Nita
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
            You are so welcome Ptyx!  And here's my vote to make that story ANaAC a non-slash story!  I'm very happy to hear that you plan on writing a sequel.  That was a great one shot and well written.  So much expression in a short space...Well done my friend!!!!!

            Keep in touch.  I also am eagerly awaiting the release of HBP.  I will wait until the day of the 16th to go buy it.  I hate crowds so I will go to Walmart later that day and purchace my copy.  I can't wait to read this book.  I read OotP in about 24 hours so since this one is shorter, I figure it won't take but about 12 to go thru this one, maybe less.  I'm a fast reader!!

            Just think of all the new stories that will come out once folks read this new book and then they can incorporate all of the books thus far.  Ahhhh, all the new stories.......

            Chat with you anytime!!  Nita

            wrote:
            > Hey there Ptyx!!  I just went and read the two stories you wrote,
            and I loved them both!!  You should consider, really consider
            expanding them and making them longer, especially A Noble and Arduous
            Challenge.  That one would make a really great novel length story,
            with lots of fall out from the war, what happened to Ron and
            Hermione, Harry and Snape's now professional lives at Hogwarts...my
            friend, this is a story begging to be written.  Please consider it.
            I know you say you prefer slash, and I must now say that I cannot
            read slash.  I don't agree with it nor do I condone it, but that is
            my personal belief and not to forced on anyone else!!  :)  In other
            words, you and everyone else are free to write about whatever you
            like!!  If I want to read, I will, and if I don't, I won't.  But I
            did feel compelled to tell you that those two general stories you
            wrote were superb, and if you do decide to expand either one of them,
            I'll definitely be there to read them!!!!

            > Good luck and welcome to the group!!!
            >
            > Cheers!!  Nita

            ----------

          • ptyx666
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
              You're very kind, Nita! Oh, me too, I'm eagerly awaiting the release
              of HBP. My local library (I'm Brazilian) is promising to deliver the
              book on the release date; I hope they don't let me down!

              Cheers,

              wrote:
              > You are so welcome Ptyx! And here's my vote to make that story
              ANaAC a non-slash story! I'm very happy to hear that you plan on
              writing a sequel. That was a great one shot and well written. So
              much expression in a short space...Well done my friend!!!!!

              > Keep in touch. I also am eagerly awaiting the release of HBP. I
              will wait until the day of the 16th to go buy it. I hate crowds so I
              will go to Walmart later that day and purchace my copy. I can't wait
              to read this book. I read OotP in about 24 hours so since this one
              is shorter, I figure it won't take but about 12 to go thru this one,
              maybe less. I'm a fast reader!!

              > Just think of all the new stories that will come out once folks
              read this new book and then they can incorporate all of the books
              thus far. Ahhhh, all the new stories.......

              > Chat with you anytime!! Nita

              Terms