Challenge#2: Salvaging the Basilisk

  • Jan AQ
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
      (from the forum and the LJ community)

      Potions and Snitches Challenge #2: Salvaging the Basilisk

      Alright well it's a new month and time for another challenge! In
      <u>Harry Potter and the Chambers of Secrets</u>, a Basilisk was slain
      but the fate of its carcass was left to the imagination.

      Your challenge is to write a short story or to create a picture in
      which Snape and Harry find themselves checking on it. The when, how,
      and why is your prerogative.

      Deadline: April 30

      Anyone may enter with as many scenerios as they want as long as they
      follow the Potions and Snitches guidelines. You may post any of your
      entries to any archives of your choice but please post here too.

      Some writing prompts for the truly stumped:

      Why do they need to go after the Basilisk parts in the first place?
      Does Snape just want potions ingredients? Is there some illness going
      around killing the first years that can only be cured by an infusion
      of Basilisk scales? Perhaps there has been some strange slithering in
      the pipes at Hogwarts and they just want to make sure that it's truly
      dead...

      Optional Words for those who need them: (may be changed to any tense,
      form ect if needed)

      slime, chicken, gregarious, chip, tempting, smooth, crack, squirrel,
      scrambled, digit, tower, tape, listen, red, flower, bank, revulsion,
      swell, torment, sour

      Questions? Comments?
    • Craig
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
        I have a question...

        In my first fic, "The Heir of Gryffindor," I did something where Harry shows Snape the basilisk's remains and gives the Potions Master what he can salvage. Is it alright if I rewrite that one scene to suit your challenge?

        -Craig

        Now includes pop-up blocker!
      • Jan AQ
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
          Yeah, I guess that that is okay as long as you make sure that you put somewhere that it's a side piece for your story. :)

          jan

          Craig <minervaman02@...> wrote:
          I have a question...

          In my first fic, "The Heir of Gryffindor," I did something where Harry shows Snape the basilisk's remains and gives the Potions Master what he can salvage.  Is it alright if I rewrite that one scene to suit your challenge?

          -Craig

          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

        • Jan AQ
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
            XD And this goes without saying to the community: the story has to be
            new and not something in a story already written just taken out and
            posted please. :)

            Chocolate frogs,

            Jan

            --- In PotionsAndSnitches@yahoogroups.com, "Craig"