Good News Here!

  • alifromnm
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2011
      I PMed this to a number of my favs already, but just wanted to share this with everyone tonight!!!!! I know a lot of you are involved with the same groups I am but I figured most of you are members here. You have my permission to SPREAD THE WORD to everyone in the world! Here goes:

      Happy news, one of our son's got to go to Seattle to a PAX convention. Not sure what PAX is but he had a great time even met some sifi actors and actresses. Got lots of autographs, ate lost of seafood (I hate him for that) and generally had a great time. Even played in a mega Magic the Gathering prerelease game the Saturday night he was there. Other twin sold his motorcycle and bought a Honda Del Sol from one of my resident assistants. Yea, we have our 2nd car back now! Now I don't have to take the "bus" home and get home, if I am lucky, and hour after my work time and I can run around after work if I need to!!!!

      Housework is done, bed stripped and made, have run two loads of dishes, laundry is almost done, fixed two nice dinners, finished one afghan, got out all my fall decorations and candles, so tomorrow is all my own (unless I want to do hubby's housework, floors), I read a lot of fanfiction today and yesterday too. So all in all Labor day weekend has been good. OH OH OH, went in
      Friday for the dreaded 6 month mammo, my LAST 6 month manno, nd ultrasound, I AM CLEAN......Five years clean!!!!! See my cancer docs Friday (so I only work three days this week, sweet), and I will be SET FREE!!!!!!! Once a year exams. I have had: 5 yr anniversary of the following:

      Lump found.
      All dignoistic tests and XRays
      Bio and surgery

      Chemo

      Radiation

      I'm soooo happy!!!!!

      (HAPPY DANCE HERE!!!)

      Okay, I'll calm down now.......

      I'll let you go now. Have a great rest of the weekend.

      Ali
    • jennifer Marquez
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2011
        Congrats! We know what cancer is like. My daughter had a brain tumor at 9 years old. It was cancer. 11.5 hours of brain surgery, 7 weeks of radiation, 9 cycles of chemo. This is how we spent the last 5 years. She is alive and a freshmen in high school.  No one should have to go through that, let alone a child. Now we are dealing with the long term affects. She lost IQ points, permanent hair loss, vision/hearing loss, ataxia, expressive language disorder because she had cerebellar mutism and could not speak for 3 months.

        Jen

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
          Great News.  Thanks for the update.