Problem with P&S?

  • Chiara Prato AKA Chandramas
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2011
      It's just me or Potions and Snitches is down?

      Chiara

      --
      Email: Chandramas@... - chiara.prato@...
      Tel. (0039) 347-6475672

    • Melissa Black
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2011
        I think you're right, Chiara. I keep getting a message that Internet Explorer
        cannot connect to the web page and it can't seem to diagnose the problem. I
        don't seem to have a problem connecting anywhere else.

        Missyann

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2011
          It was down for a bit.  It's back up now.

          Missyann

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 13 , May 2, 2011
            I can get on just fine.  Maybe it's just you, or just some people?
            MJ

            Mara Scott buckskin_77@...
            Daybreak Rabbitry #X544
            Elkhart, IN

          • Chiara Prato AKA Chandramas
            Message 5 of 13 , May 2, 2011
              It was down for something like 40 minutes yesterday afternoon (Italian Time
              ), but since then it's working ok.

              2011/5/2 Mara Scott <buckskin_77@...>

              > I can get on just fine. Maybe it's just you, or just some people?
              > MJ
              >

              > Mara Scott buckskin_77@...
              > Daybreak Rabbitry #X544
              > Elkhart, IN

              Email: Chandramas@... - chiara.prato@...
              Tel. (0039) 347-6475672
              Msn: Chandramas@...
              on Facebook "Chiara Chandramas"
              http://twitter.com/Chandramas
              www.fftv.it
              www.myspace.com/chandramas
              or
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/chandramas/

            • emberscorpio
              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2011
                A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
                ERROR: Failed to connect to the database!

                But after a few refreshes it was fine...

                --- In PotionsandSnitches@yahoogroups.com, Chiara Prato AKA Chandramas <chandramas@...> wrote:

                > It was down for something like 40 minutes yesterday afternoon (Italian Time
                > ), but since then it's working ok.
                >

                > 2011/5/2 Mara Scott <buckskin_77@...>
                >

                > > I can get on just fine. Maybe it's just you, or just some people?
                > > MJ
                > >

                > > Mara Scott buckskin_77@...
                > > Daybreak Rabbitry #X544
                > > Elkhart, IN

                > --
                > Email: Chandramas@... - chiara.prato@...
                > Tel. (0039) 347-6475672
                > Msn: Chandramas@...
                > on Facebook "Chiara Chandramas"
                > http://twitter.com/Chandramas
                > www.fftv.it
                > www.myspace.com/chandramas
                > or
                > http://www.flickr.com/photos/chandramas/

              • Rachel McGonagill
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 28, 2011
                  I’m having a problem adding a new chapter to an existing story. I’m able to do the preview page, but when I try to “add story” I only get a long delay before getting a fatal My SQL error. Is this just me, or is there something wrong at the website?
                  --Rachel
                  (jharad17)

                • sarawaseemhussain
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 28, 2011
                    I'm never had a problem, Have you tried to contact one of the admins for help?
                    -Sara

                    --- In PotionsandSnitches@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel McGonagill" <r.mcg@...> wrote:

                    > I’m having a problem adding a new chapter to an existing story. I’m able to do the preview page, but when I try to “add story” I only get a long delay before getting a fatal My SQL error. Is this just me, or is there something wrong at the website?
                    > --Rachel
                    > (jharad17)

                  • Melissa Black
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 28, 2011
                      It happens a lot. You probably updated, but it has to be put on the Most Recent
                      list manually by one of the admins.  Just ask them. They're really quick at
                      getting it fixed. It just means that your story has more update alerts going out
                      than the system can handle.  If you look at your story, I bet the chapter is
                      there.

                      ~Missyann

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 28, 2011
                        Oh, crap. Indeed, the chapter had been added – three times. I tried to delete the last two, and ended up deleting the whole story! I just sent an email to their help form, to see if they can reinstate it, but . . . crap.

                        --Rachel

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 28, 2011
                          If you accidentally deleted the whole story, I don't think there is much
                          they can do... :(

                          --
                          omega13a
                          Owner and Founder of UFT

                          On 07/28/2011 03:17 PM, Rachel McGonagill wrote:

                          > Oh, crap. Indeed, the chapter had been added – three times. I tried to
                          > delete the last two, and ended up deleting the whole story! I just
                          > sent an email to their help form, to see if they can reinstate it, but
                          > . . . crap.
                          >
                          > --Rachel

                        • Melissa Black
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 28, 2011
                            Oh no!  If after all this time, if for some reason you no longer have the older
                            chapters backed-up, you can do what I did. Copy and paste them from FFNet. It's
                            fairly quick and easy and you don't lose your story format.  Unfortunately, you
                            end up losing all your yummy reviews.

                            ~Missyann

                          • starangel2106@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 28, 2011
                              I'm pretty sure our site is backed up. If not and you don't have the chappies, try the wayback machine

                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T