Re: [PotionsandSnitches] In search of...

  • Barbara Key
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      I remember that one but at the minute the name escapes me. Give me a little time.

      Barbara

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011
        I know I know it...

        --- In PotionsandSnitches@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Key <graynavarre@...> wrote:

        > I remember that one but at the minute the name escapes me. Give me a little time.
        >
        > Barbara

      • Barbara Key
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2011
          Got it - I asked in more of the other fanfiction groups. I should have known it, it is on of my favorite WIP.

          Barbara

          It is Nobody Cared, by etherian

          from Chapter 19.

          "Some studying to do, Harry?" asked Lupin.

          Snape was puzzled, but waited, just a moment to see what his son was up to. Harry was flipping through the pages. "Dad? How do you spell 'sacchafariferous'?"

          "Sacchariferous." His father spelled the word and sipped his tea as a knowing smirk managed to crinkle his eyes, just a tiny bit. Harry had made good on his threat and had ordered a personal dictionary for himself. The book was in his hands, which leaned on his bookbag still perched in his lap.

          With a bright smile that showed triumph at the acquisition of new knowledge, Harry recited, "Sacchariferous – adjective meaning to yield sugar." He then stuffed his dictionary back into his bag, plopped it back onto the ground, and snatched a tea cake from the platter. His smile now smug and accompanied by a rather Dumbledore-ish twinkle, he bit happily into the still warm cake.

          "Very good, Harry," Snape approved. "For showing the initiative in getting your own dictionary, you may have a biscuit, too."