A note from me

  • Jan AQ
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      Okay, so now I need to tell everyone this, just so that you know.
      Nothing bad has happened to make me address this subject, I just
      thought that it was time. :) It might make things more clearer.

      Potions, Snitches and Unlikely Relations is made for the Mentor,
      Guardian, Father/Son, Master/Apprentice platonic relationships.

      I'll have you know that I keep wavering in my decision to have slash
      stories on my site or not. Potions and Snitches is for the more
      general relationships between Harry and Snape, I *do not* want my
      site to transform into a Harry and Snape slash site, yet a lot of
      great stories evolve into that. Still more hint or alude to that sort
      of relationship but don't even have anything in them yet, some have
      been on hiatus for years; others have some *other* slash pairing...

      So I was in a bind and decided to add every story conforming to the
      Mentor/Teacher/FatherSon/Guardian genres of Potions and Snitches, as
      long as the slash relationship wasn't graphic or the main plot of the
      story, and to add warnings to everything I could, even if they only
      *maybe* hinted of anything in the summaries.

      And so, I am picky with any SS/HP slash stories. It's hard for me to
      keep some and turn out others, but I can't rule out the slash
      completely (see next paragraph) and I need some cut-off point for
      accepting stories.

      Why did I decide to accept slash at all? The simple fact is that the
      archive is too large for me to read everything to make sure that
      there's no slash, especially in any new chapters of stories I don't
      know were updated- it's impossible! So it has to stay the way it is
      for now. Also, there's no way I'm kicking out all those wonderful
      fics that don't have any slash in them except for maybe a hint in a
      summary or an author's note, or any great fics that have other slash
      pairings on the side. It happens in real life, could possibly happen
      in the books, so it would be rather weird to stamp it out like I'm
      the controller of the universe or something.

      The few fics that actually focus on the SS/HP slash relationship (and
      don't just hint or have some author note saying that they might/will
      have one) are usually there because the story itself was good enough,
      with other explorations into a platonic Mentor/Guardian relationship
      and was written well or beautifully. An example of this would
      be "Tread Softly" by Dius Corvus. The writing and descriptions are
      fantastic, the characterizations are amazing but it seems to be
      building up to a slash relationship between a student Snape and a
      student Harry who has been sent back in time.

      With that said, I'm trying to keep the SS/HP slash stories away
      unless they have something else good enough to counter it. I will try
      my best to post warnings. Any stories rated NC17 will not be allowed
      on the site, those that develop into NC17 will be taken off (although
      since fanfiction.net doesn't allow them anyway it shouldn't really be
      a problem).

      If I missed a warning on any fic, or you have a problem with a story
      in my archive please email me and let me know.

      If anyone would like to help me make a completly Slash free version
      of Potions and Snitches just let me know.

      Chocolate frogs,

      Jan
    • Lorena André Méndez
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2004

        I understand your problem, it's rather hard to keep up with all the stories around. I usually manage because I have ff.net support services and have about a ton of people on author alert, most though seem to have abandoned the stories.

        I'll try to give you a hand in this, as I spend almost the same amount of time reading than writing, and I've read about 70% of the stories you have listed.

        By the way I'll e-mail you later with the details to access the add free site I promised, it's been created for a while, I just haven't had enough computer time to type the instructions on how to access.

        animealam

        T1msn Fotos: Todo lo que quieres saber sobre fotografía digital Haz clic aquí
      • Jan AQ
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2006
          The site has been hacked. I sent the details to your yahoo account.

          Jan

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Jan AQ
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 27, 2006
            LOL. Please disregeard that messgae. XD today is not my day.

            Jan