Upcoming Dances at A&M

  • Matt Posey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      Howdy from the Texas Aggie Swing Cats!

      The end of the school year is fast approaching here at Texas A&M, and we
      wanted to make sure that it went out with a bang Jim! That means there are
      two upcoming dances at the A&M Campus. Here is the info:

      What: Texas Aggie Swing Cat monthly dance
      When: Friday, April 20th
      Where: Texas A&M Campus, Memorial Student Center (MSC) 214-ish (214 is near
      the room where are monthly dances usually occur; you should hear some music)
      Cost: $2 for members/affiliates & $5 for non-members
      Lessons: East Coast Lesson from 8 - 9PM
      Dance: Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, West Coast, Shag, and anything else
      you can thing of from 9PM - Midnight
      Housing: If you want to stay the night with someone down here in College
      Station, email Luke at oeding(at)tamu.edu ASAP
      Directions: If you need directions, just shoot me an email
      Dress: Guys - Jeans and a polo to coat and a tie; just wear something nice
      Girls - ummm...wear whatever you ladies wear (sorry, I am not an
      expert on female clothing; besides, you ladies can actually dress yourselves
      unlike most men)

      What: The Big Band Dance!
      When: Saturday, May 5th
      Where: Texas A&M Campus, MSC 224 & 225
      Cost: $5 for members/affiliates & $10 for non-members
      Lessons: Nope, just dancing
      Dance: Anything goes from 7PM - Midnight
      Housing: If you want to stay the night with someone down here in College
      Station, email Luke at oeding(at)tamu.edu ASAP
      Directions: If you need directions, just shoot me an email
      Dress: Guys - wear something nicer - no jeans please, and button up shirts
      are encouraged
      Girls - ummm...wear whatever you ladies wear (again, not an
      expert on female clothing)

      Just to clear things up involving The Big Band Dance. Yes this is a real,
      live, big band (15+ people) that is coming up from Houston, not a small
      combo band. The Swing Cats are putting this together with the ballroom
      dance club at Texas A&M, so the big band is going to play ballroom music in
      addition to swing stuff Jim. Don't think of this as less dancing, think of
      this as more chances to refine your Lindy Bombing* skills. You know you
      have always wanted to Charleston to a Tango or West Coast to a Waltz. And
      yes, you did read correctly; the cost of the dance is only $5. Since we are
      all poor college students, we like to keep things cheap at Texas A&M. If
      you know of another place where you can dance to a live big band for only
      $5, let me know! I want to go!

      It is always enjoyable when we get out of towners at our dance, so I hope a
      slew of y'all come Jim!

      Thanks and gig 'em!
      Matt Posey '06

      *Lindy bombing is the act of a group of swing dancers going to a non-swing
      dancing venue or location and dancing swing.