Willie Desatoff

  • Baker, Mariah
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      It is with a heavy heart that we heard Willie Desatoff has passed away Saturday, October 1st, at 1am.

      Balboa King' Willie Desatoff, often credited with being the best Bal dancer who ever walked among mortals." - from Satin Ballroom

      Houston was fortunate to have Willlie teach at the Great Southwest Lindyfest in March 2005. Lila told me that she was so happy to have people finally rediscover balboa and Willie. It gave him an extra enjoyment to life to share the dance with us all. He was such a gentle man, who would hug everyone
      and kiss all the women on the cheek. As a tribute, we've put together a collection of the photos of Willie from his time at Lindyfest 2005 at http://hsds.org/willie/