Re: Borders

  • Patricia Or
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hey everyone,

      We got a list piling up for Borders. Keep those requests coming. If you
      don't know what we're talking about, go to www.houstonswingout.org, in
      Forums, and Time To Dance Section. The name of the thread is All Request
      Dance. See if your song is on there.

      Otherwise, see you at Borders on Friday 12/3.
      8p -10:30p
      Borders on Kirby & Alabama.
    • Patricia Or
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 3, 2004
        It's tonight...

        8p - 10:30p
        Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods

        I'm going to have holiday/thank you cards for you all to sign for our
        Borders management and PR person who have been so supportive of this
        venue.

        See you guys there!
        Patty
      • Patricia Or
        Message 3 of 28 , May 3, 2005
          Yes, it's that time again, Borders on First Fridays!

          It'll be at 8-10:30p at Borders on Kirby & Alabama. We'll be playing all
          sorts of good music with no cover charge. Feel free to bring your fav.
          tunes. (I do ask that please bring marked CDs, sorry no cassette or MP3
          files, and I am not responsible for them)

          Come on out and dance a few!

          ~Patty

          p.s. Don't forget next month, it's HSO's 4th Anniversary, don't miss out.
        • Patricia Or
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 17, 2005
            Hey,

            Borders is back! Yes, we just had it 2 weeks ago, and we're going at it
            again!

            Show up and dance a few!

            8-10:30p at Kirby & W.Alabama.

            Bring your fav. tunes, and we'll go from there!

            See ya!
          • Patricia Holmes
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 27, 2005
              Hi everyone,

              Happy Monday, just to give you something to look forward to, Borders is this Friday, July 1st.

              Same drill:
              Borders located at Kirby & Alabama
              We start at 8pm - 10:30p
              No Cover, dance till they kick us out.
              Bring your fav. tunes if you've got any

              Otherwise, we'll see you there!
              Patty
            • Patty_kins
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 29, 2005
                I'm not sure why there are some confusion, but THERE IS Borders this Friday.

                YES!!! THIS FRIDAY!
                July 1st, 8-10:30p
                Borders located at Kirby & Alabama

                We encourage you to bring your fav. CDs (no cassette, mp3s or unmarked CDs please)

                We are also very thrilled to have Holly (BigBandBaby) Gracey to be our guest DJ for the
                evening.

                Show up!
                Patty
              • Patricia Holmes
                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 14 6:50 PM
                  Hi all,

                  This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go back to once a month deal at the bookstore.

                  So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for us, and I will be on hand as well.

                  The 4-1-1:

                  Friday, August 19th
                  Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                  Starts at 8-10:30p
                  No Cover
                  If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your DJ(s) don't have it with them.

                  *sidebar*
                  I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100% flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold. One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So, I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday of the month after August 19th.

                  ~Patty
                • gsanchez24@houston.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 15 7:27 AM
                    Wow!!! 4 years!!! Well I will be there this Friday.

                    I will bring my aunt Rachel from Chicago and my mom to watch!!

                    Gloria

                    > This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go
                    > back to once a month deal at the bookstore.
                    >
                    > So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for
                    > us, and I will be on hand as well.
                    >
                    > The 4-1-1:
                    >
                    > Friday, August 19th
                    > Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                    > Starts at 8-10:30p
                    > No Cover
                    > If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your
                    > DJ(s) don't have it with them.
                    >
                    > *sidebar*
                    > I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to
                    > consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100%
                    > flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is
                    > also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold.
                    > One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind
                    > before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by
                    > us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of
                    > ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story
                    > hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So,
                    > I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received
                    > for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable
                    > circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean
                    > time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday
                    > of the month after August 19th.
                    >
                    > ~Patty

                    > ~-->

                    1>http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hlkktm0/M=362335.6886444.7839734.257544
                    9/D=groups/S=1705034349:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124077842/A=2894362/R=0/SIG=138
                    c78jl6/*http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/arts_culture/?
                    lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer in
                    the arts today at Network for Good.</font>

                  • Patricia Holmes
                    Message 9 of 28 , Aug 30 4:43 AM
                      Hey,

                      We're back! That is to once a month, and since the 1st Friday will be Sept 2nd, that'll be the day.

                      Borders located on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                      We'll start at 8p-10:30p (I heard there's a group that's going to Two Tons afterwards)
                      No cover
                      Bring your fav. tunes
                      Guest DJ will be Jose F. and of course yours truly will be on hand to DJ as well.

                      We hope to see you there!
                      ~Patty
                    • Patricia Holmes
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 30, 2005
                        This is the last Borders of the year!!!! Better catch some dancing.

                        Borders located on Kirby & Alabama. Dance starts at 8-10:30p

                        Tell your friends!