RE: Borders

  • Patricia Holmes
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hey,

      Time creeps up when you're having fun. It's that time again. Borders this Friday! From 8pm till 10:30p. We got the tunes, but if you want to bring your own, make sure they're labeled!

      Show up and have fun!
      Patty
    • Patricia Holmes
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 31, 2004
        Yes, Borders again this Friday!!!!

        To start the school year right, let's start with a dance at Borders. This Friday, Sept 3rd. at Borders on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods. We start at 8pm till 10:30p. Parking is limited, so do come by early or try to get lucky (no, not like that!!!).

        As usual, please bring your fav. tunes, we will try to accommodate requests best that we can. We also have the pleasure of having Jose to spin at Borders for the first time. So, stop by!

        Patty
      • Patricia Holmes
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 4, 2004
          I know I'll see you there tomorrow....

          8-10:30p
          Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
          Bring your own tunes

          And here's a coupon for you!!!

          Borders Coupon! "20% Off the Regular Price of One Item"
          http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/CoBrandedBothBordersCoupon_1029.htm
        • Patricia Or
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 1, 2004
            Hey everyone,

            We got a list piling up for Borders. Keep those requests coming. If you
            don't know what we're talking about, go to www.houstonswingout.org, in
            Forums, and Time To Dance Section. The name of the thread is All Request
            Dance. See if your song is on there.

            Otherwise, see you at Borders on Friday 12/3.
            8p -10:30p
            Borders on Kirby & Alabama.
          • Patricia Or
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 3, 2004
              It's tonight...

              8p - 10:30p
              Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods

              I'm going to have holiday/thank you cards for you all to sign for our
              Borders management and PR person who have been so supportive of this
              venue.

              See you guys there!
              Patty
            • Patricia Or
              Message 6 of 28 , May 3, 2005
                Yes, it's that time again, Borders on First Fridays!

                It'll be at 8-10:30p at Borders on Kirby & Alabama. We'll be playing all
                sorts of good music with no cover charge. Feel free to bring your fav.
                tunes. (I do ask that please bring marked CDs, sorry no cassette or MP3
                files, and I am not responsible for them)

                Come on out and dance a few!

                ~Patty

                p.s. Don't forget next month, it's HSO's 4th Anniversary, don't miss out.
              • Patricia Or
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 17, 2005
                  Hey,

                  Borders is back! Yes, we just had it 2 weeks ago, and we're going at it
                  again!

                  Show up and dance a few!

                  8-10:30p at Kirby & W.Alabama.

                  Bring your fav. tunes, and we'll go from there!

                  See ya!
                • Patricia Holmes
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 27, 2005
                    Hi everyone,

                    Happy Monday, just to give you something to look forward to, Borders is this Friday, July 1st.

                    Same drill:
                    Borders located at Kirby & Alabama
                    We start at 8pm - 10:30p
                    No Cover, dance till they kick us out.
                    Bring your fav. tunes if you've got any

                    Otherwise, we'll see you there!
                    Patty
                  • Patty_kins
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 29, 2005
                      I'm not sure why there are some confusion, but THERE IS Borders this Friday.

                      YES!!! THIS FRIDAY!
                      July 1st, 8-10:30p
                      Borders located at Kirby & Alabama

                      We encourage you to bring your fav. CDs (no cassette, mp3s or unmarked CDs please)

                      We are also very thrilled to have Holly (BigBandBaby) Gracey to be our guest DJ for the
                      evening.

                      Show up!
                      Patty
                    • Patricia Holmes
                      Message 10 of 28 , Aug 14, 2005
                        Hi all,

                        This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go back to once a month deal at the bookstore.

                        So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for us, and I will be on hand as well.

                        The 4-1-1:

                        Friday, August 19th
                        Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                        Starts at 8-10:30p
                        No Cover
                        If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your DJ(s) don't have it with them.

                        *sidebar*
                        I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100% flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold. One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So, I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday of the month after August 19th.

                        ~Patty
                      • gsanchez24@houston.rr.com
                        Message 11 of 28 , Aug 15, 2005
                          Wow!!! 4 years!!! Well I will be there this Friday.

                          I will bring my aunt Rachel from Chicago and my mom to watch!!

                          Gloria

                          > This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go
                          > back to once a month deal at the bookstore.
                          >
                          > So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for
                          > us, and I will be on hand as well.
                          >
                          > The 4-1-1:
                          >
                          > Friday, August 19th
                          > Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                          > Starts at 8-10:30p
                          > No Cover
                          > If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your
                          > DJ(s) don't have it with them.
                          >
                          > *sidebar*
                          > I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to
                          > consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100%
                          > flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is
                          > also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold.
                          > One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind
                          > before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by
                          > us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of
                          > ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story
                          > hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So,
                          > I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received
                          > for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable
                          > circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean
                          > time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday
                          > of the month after August 19th.
                          >
                          > ~Patty

                          > ~-->

                          1>http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hlkktm0/M=362335.6886444.7839734.257544
                          9/D=groups/S=1705034349:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124077842/A=2894362/R=0/SIG=138
                          c78jl6/*http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/arts_culture/?
                          lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer in
                          the arts today at Network for Good.</font>

                        • Patricia Holmes
                          Message 12 of 28 , Aug 30, 2005
                            Hey,

                            We're back! That is to once a month, and since the 1st Friday will be Sept 2nd, that'll be the day.

                            Borders located on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                            We'll start at 8p-10:30p (I heard there's a group that's going to Two Tons afterwards)
                            No cover
                            Bring your fav. tunes
                            Guest DJ will be Jose F. and of course yours truly will be on hand to DJ as well.

                            We hope to see you there!
                            ~Patty
                          • Patricia Holmes
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 30, 2005
                              This is the last Borders of the year!!!! Better catch some dancing.

                              Borders located on Kirby & Alabama. Dance starts at 8-10:30p

                              Tell your friends!