Re: Borders

  • patty@pattykins.com
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi!

      Mark your calendar, Borders is coming your way this
      Friday!

      March 5th, from 8p - 10:30p. No covers. Bring your
      fav. tunes, and we'll dance our hearts out.

      See you there!
    • Patricia Holmes
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 18, 2004
        It's tonight, don't miss it.

        If you're into sushi, a bunch of us will be at Kubos about 6-ish. Which is good, you can eat alot and it won't sink you down... :D
      • Patricia Holmes
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 4 6:09 PM
          Hey,

          Time creeps up when you're having fun. It's that time again. Borders this Friday! From 8pm till 10:30p. We got the tunes, but if you want to bring your own, make sure they're labeled!

          Show up and have fun!
          Patty
        • Patricia Holmes
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 31 8:29 PM
            Yes, Borders again this Friday!!!!

            To start the school year right, let's start with a dance at Borders. This Friday, Sept 3rd. at Borders on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods. We start at 8pm till 10:30p. Parking is limited, so do come by early or try to get lucky (no, not like that!!!).

            As usual, please bring your fav. tunes, we will try to accommodate requests best that we can. We also have the pleasure of having Jose to spin at Borders for the first time. So, stop by!

            Patty
          • Patricia Holmes
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 4, 2004
              I know I'll see you there tomorrow....

              8-10:30p
              Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
              Bring your own tunes

              And here's a coupon for you!!!

              Borders Coupon! "20% Off the Regular Price of One Item"
              http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/CoBrandedBothBordersCoupon_1029.htm
            • Patricia Or
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 1, 2004
                Hey everyone,

                We got a list piling up for Borders. Keep those requests coming. If you
                don't know what we're talking about, go to www.houstonswingout.org, in
                Forums, and Time To Dance Section. The name of the thread is All Request
                Dance. See if your song is on there.

                Otherwise, see you at Borders on Friday 12/3.
                8p -10:30p
                Borders on Kirby & Alabama.
              • Patricia Or
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 3, 2004
                  It's tonight...

                  8p - 10:30p
                  Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods

                  I'm going to have holiday/thank you cards for you all to sign for our
                  Borders management and PR person who have been so supportive of this
                  venue.

                  See you guys there!
                  Patty
                • Patricia Or
                  Message 8 of 28 , May 3, 2005
                    Yes, it's that time again, Borders on First Fridays!

                    It'll be at 8-10:30p at Borders on Kirby & Alabama. We'll be playing all
                    sorts of good music with no cover charge. Feel free to bring your fav.
                    tunes. (I do ask that please bring marked CDs, sorry no cassette or MP3
                    files, and I am not responsible for them)

                    Come on out and dance a few!

                    ~Patty

                    p.s. Don't forget next month, it's HSO's 4th Anniversary, don't miss out.
                  • Patricia Or
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 17, 2005
                      Hey,

                      Borders is back! Yes, we just had it 2 weeks ago, and we're going at it
                      again!

                      Show up and dance a few!

                      8-10:30p at Kirby & W.Alabama.

                      Bring your fav. tunes, and we'll go from there!

                      See ya!
                    • Patricia Holmes
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 27, 2005
                        Hi everyone,

                        Happy Monday, just to give you something to look forward to, Borders is this Friday, July 1st.

                        Same drill:
                        Borders located at Kirby & Alabama
                        We start at 8pm - 10:30p
                        No Cover, dance till they kick us out.
                        Bring your fav. tunes if you've got any

                        Otherwise, we'll see you there!
                        Patty
                      • Patty_kins
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 29, 2005
                          I'm not sure why there are some confusion, but THERE IS Borders this Friday.

                          YES!!! THIS FRIDAY!
                          July 1st, 8-10:30p
                          Borders located at Kirby & Alabama

                          We encourage you to bring your fav. CDs (no cassette, mp3s or unmarked CDs please)

                          We are also very thrilled to have Holly (BigBandBaby) Gracey to be our guest DJ for the
                          evening.

                          Show up!
                          Patty
                        • Patricia Holmes
                          Message 12 of 28 , Aug 14 6:50 PM
                            Hi all,

                            This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go back to once a month deal at the bookstore.

                            So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for us, and I will be on hand as well.

                            The 4-1-1:

                            Friday, August 19th
                            Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                            Starts at 8-10:30p
                            No Cover
                            If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your DJ(s) don't have it with them.

                            *sidebar*
                            I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100% flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold. One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So, I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday of the month after August 19th.

                            ~Patty
                          • gsanchez24@houston.rr.com
                            Message 13 of 28 , Aug 15 7:27 AM
                              Wow!!! 4 years!!! Well I will be there this Friday.

                              I will bring my aunt Rachel from Chicago and my mom to watch!!

                              Gloria

                              > This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go
                              > back to once a month deal at the bookstore.
                              >
                              > So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for
                              > us, and I will be on hand as well.
                              >
                              > The 4-1-1:
                              >
                              > Friday, August 19th
                              > Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                              > Starts at 8-10:30p
                              > No Cover
                              > If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your
                              > DJ(s) don't have it with them.
                              >
                              > *sidebar*
                              > I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to
                              > consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100%
                              > flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is
                              > also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold.
                              > One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind
                              > before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by
                              > us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of
                              > ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story
                              > hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So,
                              > I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received
                              > for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable
                              > circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean
                              > time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday
                              > of the month after August 19th.
                              >
                              > ~Patty

                              > ~-->

                              1>http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hlkktm0/M=362335.6886444.7839734.257544
                              9/D=groups/S=1705034349:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124077842/A=2894362/R=0/SIG=138
                              c78jl6/*http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/arts_culture/?
                              lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer in
                              the arts today at Network for Good.</font>

                            • Patricia Holmes
                              Message 14 of 28 , Aug 30 4:43 AM
                                Hey,

                                We're back! That is to once a month, and since the 1st Friday will be Sept 2nd, that'll be the day.

                                Borders located on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                                We'll start at 8p-10:30p (I heard there's a group that's going to Two Tons afterwards)
                                No cover
                                Bring your fav. tunes
                                Guest DJ will be Jose F. and of course yours truly will be on hand to DJ as well.

                                We hope to see you there!
                                ~Patty
                              • Patricia Holmes
                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 30, 2005
                                  This is the last Borders of the year!!!! Better catch some dancing.

                                  Borders located on Kirby & Alabama. Dance starts at 8-10:30p

                                  Tell your friends!