Re: Borders

  • Pattykins
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 3, 2003
      We are having Borders this Friday... I'll send out
      another reminder later this week.

      Patty

      =====
      Wedding info: Patty & David site

    • patty@pattykins.com
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 1, 2004
        Hi!

        Mark your calendar, Borders is coming your way this
        Friday!

        March 5th, from 8p - 10:30p. No covers. Bring your
        fav. tunes, and we'll dance our hearts out.

        See you there!
      • Patricia Holmes
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 18, 2004
          It's tonight, don't miss it.

          If you're into sushi, a bunch of us will be at Kubos about 6-ish. Which is good, you can eat alot and it won't sink you down... :D
        • Patricia Holmes
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 4, 2004
            Hey,

            Time creeps up when you're having fun. It's that time again. Borders this Friday! From 8pm till 10:30p. We got the tunes, but if you want to bring your own, make sure they're labeled!

            Show up and have fun!
            Patty
          • Patricia Holmes
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 31, 2004
              Yes, Borders again this Friday!!!!

              To start the school year right, let's start with a dance at Borders. This Friday, Sept 3rd. at Borders on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods. We start at 8pm till 10:30p. Parking is limited, so do come by early or try to get lucky (no, not like that!!!).

              As usual, please bring your fav. tunes, we will try to accommodate requests best that we can. We also have the pleasure of having Jose to spin at Borders for the first time. So, stop by!

              Patty
            • Patricia Holmes
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 4, 2004
                I know I'll see you there tomorrow....

                8-10:30p
                Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                Bring your own tunes

                And here's a coupon for you!!!

                Borders Coupon! "20% Off the Regular Price of One Item"
                http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/CoBrandedBothBordersCoupon_1029.htm
              • Patricia Or
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 1, 2004
                  Hey everyone,

                  We got a list piling up for Borders. Keep those requests coming. If you
                  don't know what we're talking about, go to www.houstonswingout.org, in
                  Forums, and Time To Dance Section. The name of the thread is All Request
                  Dance. See if your song is on there.

                  Otherwise, see you at Borders on Friday 12/3.
                  8p -10:30p
                  Borders on Kirby & Alabama.
                • Patricia Or
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 3, 2004
                    It's tonight...

                    8p - 10:30p
                    Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods

                    I'm going to have holiday/thank you cards for you all to sign for our
                    Borders management and PR person who have been so supportive of this
                    venue.

                    See you guys there!
                    Patty
                  • Patricia Or
                    Message 9 of 28 , May 3, 2005
                      Yes, it's that time again, Borders on First Fridays!

                      It'll be at 8-10:30p at Borders on Kirby & Alabama. We'll be playing all
                      sorts of good music with no cover charge. Feel free to bring your fav.
                      tunes. (I do ask that please bring marked CDs, sorry no cassette or MP3
                      files, and I am not responsible for them)

                      Come on out and dance a few!

                      ~Patty

                      p.s. Don't forget next month, it's HSO's 4th Anniversary, don't miss out.
                    • Patricia Or
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 17, 2005
                        Hey,

                        Borders is back! Yes, we just had it 2 weeks ago, and we're going at it
                        again!

                        Show up and dance a few!

                        8-10:30p at Kirby & W.Alabama.

                        Bring your fav. tunes, and we'll go from there!

                        See ya!
                      • Patricia Holmes
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 27, 2005
                          Hi everyone,

                          Happy Monday, just to give you something to look forward to, Borders is this Friday, July 1st.

                          Same drill:
                          Borders located at Kirby & Alabama
                          We start at 8pm - 10:30p
                          No Cover, dance till they kick us out.
                          Bring your fav. tunes if you've got any

                          Otherwise, we'll see you there!
                          Patty
                        • Patty_kins
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 29, 2005
                            I'm not sure why there are some confusion, but THERE IS Borders this Friday.

                            YES!!! THIS FRIDAY!
                            July 1st, 8-10:30p
                            Borders located at Kirby & Alabama

                            We encourage you to bring your fav. CDs (no cassette, mp3s or unmarked CDs please)

                            We are also very thrilled to have Holly (BigBandBaby) Gracey to be our guest DJ for the
                            evening.

                            Show up!
                            Patty
                          • Patricia Holmes
                            Message 13 of 28 , Aug 14, 2005
                              Hi all,

                              This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go back to once a month deal at the bookstore.

                              So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for us, and I will be on hand as well.

                              The 4-1-1:

                              Friday, August 19th
                              Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                              Starts at 8-10:30p
                              No Cover
                              If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your DJ(s) don't have it with them.

                              *sidebar*
                              I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100% flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold. One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So, I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday of the month after August 19th.

                              ~Patty
                            • gsanchez24@houston.rr.com
                              Message 14 of 28 , Aug 15, 2005
                                Wow!!! 4 years!!! Well I will be there this Friday.

                                I will bring my aunt Rachel from Chicago and my mom to watch!!

                                Gloria

                                > This is the last Borders for the Summer. After this one, we'll go
                                > back to once a month deal at the bookstore.
                                >
                                > So, for the special occasion, we also invited Freddie to DJ for
                                > us, and I will be on hand as well.
                                >
                                > The 4-1-1:
                                >
                                > Friday, August 19th
                                > Borders Bookstores on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                                > Starts at 8-10:30p
                                > No Cover
                                > If you have a favorite tune, please bring it by chance that your
                                > DJ(s) don't have it with them.
                                >
                                > *sidebar*
                                > I was really flattered that several people had came up to me to
                                > consider having Borders at an earlier time. While I'm 100%
                                > flatterd and thrilled that Borders is such a beloved event, it is
                                > also hard for me to say no to you guys. The problem is two-fold.
                                > One that alot of people barely got home, grab a bit and unwind
                                > before heading out to dance. The second one, uncontrollable by
                                > us, is that sometimes Borders do schedule other events in front of
                                > ours. While it may not be occupying the same area (i.e. story
                                > hour), they do try to keep one event at a certain time slot. So,
                                > I'm excited and happy to know that Borders is still well-received
                                > for 4 years, but very unhappy to report that uncontrollable
                                > circumstance prevent us to expand across that direction. Mean
                                > time, please do come by and play, as we'll be there first Friday
                                > of the month after August 19th.
                                >
                                > ~Patty

                                > ~-->

                                1>http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hlkktm0/M=362335.6886444.7839734.257544
                                9/D=groups/S=1705034349:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124077842/A=2894362/R=0/SIG=138
                                c78jl6/*http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/arts_culture/?
                                lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer in
                                the arts today at Network for Good.</font>

                              • Patricia Holmes
                                Message 15 of 28 , Aug 30, 2005
                                  Hey,

                                  We're back! That is to once a month, and since the 1st Friday will be Sept 2nd, that'll be the day.

                                  Borders located on Kirby & Alabama across from Whole Foods
                                  We'll start at 8p-10:30p (I heard there's a group that's going to Two Tons afterwards)
                                  No cover
                                  Bring your fav. tunes
                                  Guest DJ will be Jose F. and of course yours truly will be on hand to DJ as well.

                                  We hope to see you there!
                                  ~Patty
                                • Patricia Holmes
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Nov 30, 2005
                                    This is the last Borders of the year!!!! Better catch some dancing.

                                    Borders located on Kirby & Alabama. Dance starts at 8-10:30p

                                    Tell your friends!