Sentimental Journey in Houston!

  • karenvargas@pdq.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      Yippee yai kai yea! The Sentimental Journey Orchestra will be performing
      in Houston, with a large DANCE FLOOR, on Wednesday, April 2, from 8pm to
      11pm at the Hyatt Regency downtown, for HSDS Members and Texas Library
      Association members only!!!

      The last time the Sentimental Journey Orchestra, from Kerville, performed
      anywhere near Houston, people had to pay $50 per person and drive 50 miles
      to Galveston through CONSTRUCTION to get there. This dance will cost $20
      and will be right here in H-Town. It's a USO style party for TLA members,
      so vintage attire is encouraged. The incredible Andrews Sisters will also
      be performing with the orchestra (maybe not the FIRST Andrews Sisters, but
      great nontheless).

      Vanessa Cobb is doing the hard work on this, but I just wanted to get the
      word out, so you would all put this on your calendar. Sentimental Journey
      ROCKS!!! Keep an eye out on www.hsds.org for info on how to get your
      tickets!

      Karen V.
    • gryffindancer <karenvargas@pdq.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
        (thought I ought to mention that HSDS board agreed to pay a fee to
        TLA so that its members can attend the Texas Library Association
        private party--HSDS is using this as a membership drive AND an
        opportunity to have its members get to dance to the rarely heard but
        much praised Sentimental Journey Orch. So those of you who aren't
        members of HSDS--well, join for goodness sakes!!!)
        Kar