Fwd: FW: A couple of changes at City Streets

  • Pattykins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002

      Hi for those who attends City Streets, please note:

      Subject
      : A couple of changes at City Streets

      Bret, could you pass this email on to your list?

      I talked to the manager of City Streets and he told me how happy he is that the Swing dancers are coming every Wednesday night. He said the DJ is happy because he has somebody to dance to his music, the bartenders and waitresses are happy because they have someone to serve, and he is happy because we turned around a dead night into a very lively event. Even the non-dancers are happy because they have someone entertaining to watch.

      To keep everyone winning, the owner asked two favors from us: one for safety and the other for economics.

      His first is that we no longer use baby powder or dance wax on the floor. He said it could be "contributory negligence" if someone slipped on the floor, and he would be liable for a lawsuit. He also said that he waxes the floor on Wednesday nights and these substances are hard to clean and make the floor gummy and sticky after waxing.

      His second request has to do with plain old dollars and cents. He asked that we no longer use the "free happy hour" system for free drinks and admission. He said the place is jumping with people but he isn't making money. I agree with him that the $3.00 cover and $1.50 drinks are a real bargain. We get a huge buffet and a great dance floor for only $4.50. That's cheaper than McDonalds, and you can't dance at McDonalds!

      The manager really likes having us around. He is very enthusiastic about us and what we are doing for his club. He said we are a good, clean, happy bunch of people and that we are welcomed there anytime.

      We'd personally like to thank all of the Swing dancers who come out every Wednesday to support this venue. With your understanding and continued support it can be a win-win partnership.

      Thanks,

      David and Susan Schroeder

      Check us out: Houston Swing Out

      http://houstonswingout.org/

      DDR Rawks!

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • Bonnie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
        Re: [PotatoChips]  City Streets etc. I haven't been coming during the school year. Please update me on the times - and how is everyone dressing here these days?

        Also - can someone either get me a contact number for Eric and Christine or ask them to call me -

        Thanks - Bonnie Lambourn -- email me directly at    blambourn@...

        Subject
        : A couple of changes at City Streets
      • Hank Hauffe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
          I'd be happy to pay the cover (frankly, didn't know there was an option) but
          are they still playing pretty exclusively fast 6-count stuff?
          Is there anyway to get them to mix it up more like they do at Numbers??
          Every other song or so being a 'Wade In The Water' or 'King of The Road' or
          Santana's 'Smooth' and the like would sure be attractive and allow us to do
          a wider variety of swing. -hank
          --
          phone: hm/713.524.2412; wk/713.639.7366; fx/713.639.7374
          email: hhauffe@...

          From: Pattykins <patty_kins@...>
          Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:21:23 -0700 (PDT)
          To: PotatoChips@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [PotatoChips] Fwd: FW: A couple of changes at City Streets

          Hi for those who attends City Streets, please note:

          Subject: A couple of changes at City Streets
[...]

          DDR <http://www.ddrfreaks.com/> Rawks!

          Do You Yahoo!?
          Yahoo! <http://rd.yahoo.com/welcome/*http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com> -
          Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
          POTATOCHIPS - Swing dancing, where, and when, in Houston
          Login and Post - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Potatochips

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • tiagoy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
            Actually the DJ is very accommodating. When I have gone I've
            brought my own cd's of slower music and asked him, politely, to
            play them in between the fast ones for a breather. He
            unfortunately only has fast. Which is great for balboa!

            Gloria

            From: Pattykins <patty_kins@...>
            Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:21:23 -0700 (PDT)
            To: PotatoChips@yahoogroups.com

[...]

            ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------
            -~-->
            Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,
            front doors, drawers, briefcases,
            padlocks, and more. On sale now!
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/ehaLqB/Fg5DAA/Ey.GAA/tJMolB/TM

            Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net
          • Hank Hauffe
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
              yeah, I've heard he would play requests - but so long as he only cares to
              have the fast ones in his library then almost all of what will be played
              will be fast.
              I guess if we knew for sure that you'd be there on a particular Wednesday to
              help him then we might have reason to think we'll get more of a mix on that
              Wednesday. But it sounds like so long as they have a DJ who only cares to
              know and collect the very fast stuff, then City Streets will be primarily a
              fast only venue.
              Too bad, I've liked the venue on the several times I've been there and the
              buffet is great! I just don't enjoy dancing to eXclusively 6-count. -h
              --
              phone: hm/713.524.2412; wk/713.639.7366; fx/713.639.7374
              email: hhauffe@...
              Each night I ask the stars up above
              Why must I be a teenager in love? -Dion