New Session of ScS Essential Swing Dance Classes begins TOMORROW!!

  • Hank Hauffe
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2012
      Jitterbug to Lindy . ESSENTIAL SWING DANCE CLASSES

      Mondays . JULY 2nd - AUGUST 6th, 2012
      . The first class of the session is just $10 and that will be applied to your session's tuition when you come back the second week of the session to register. ~ No partner necessary... all you need to do is just show up! :)
      . We'll begin registration this week (don't forget cash or a check) so if you can come a little early it'll help us start the class sooner.

      . . .
      ScS Essential Swing Dance class . A GUIDED SWING PRACTICA
      "This connected Swing is the most responsive and versatile partner dance you can learn!"

      part II . Essentially Swing . mondays . 8:30 - 10:30pm
      ~ building our swing from the source . a guided swing pr�ctica ~
      Now that we're dancing our swing with connection and energy / frame, flow & counterbalance � there is so much more Jitterbug & Lindy that we can do as we explore, add, embellish and create!!
      . It's Drop-in so just come by any time you can!
      . The Practica includes showing everyone at least one fun move each class
      ~ Now, during the Pr�ctica we'll also offer a breakout session of about 15 minutes per evening to explore some extra moves and techniques for experienced dancers looking to add a little more variety, feeling, expression and technique to their dance. We're calling it ESPRESSO BREAKOUT and it's drop-in for just $2.

      Still $3 per evening and is a Walk-In class so you can come anytime!!
      See the rest of the details - there's even a discount if you get a Latte or something from the Barista! - here!
      . Espresso Breakouts - $2.00 ~
      . Pr�cticas are ongoing at Taft St. each n' every Monday evening with rare exception ~

      excerpt from our "part II" description:
      Borrowing the idea of a "pr�ctica" from Tango � it's not just a dance, nor is it a class with a teacher in the middle all the time... it's a guided practice dance. Each night will have a lot of music and we'll be coming around throughout the class to help in any way we can. In addition, we'll offer a few selected highlights, for both leads and follows, to help us explore the dance more - and you'll be encouraged to share as well.
      While still essentially Swing, this class takes our connection and explores how we can use it to move together and dance to a whole variety of music!

      . . . . .
      at Taft Street Coffee (like the monthly Taft Dance)
      2115 Taft - Houston 77006
      . East of Montrose Blvd., between W.Grey/Welch & Drew/Fairview

      ...Maps & More at http://secondcupswing.com

      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

      For updates on our dances and lessons as well as other swing highlights, please see
      http://secondcupswing.com or call Hank at 713.702.3138.
      Click-to-give at http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive
      . Second Cup Swing ~ "Savour the dance"

    • Hank Hauffe
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 10, 2012
        Jitterbug to Lindy . ESSENTIAL SWING DANCE CLASSES

        Mondays . SEPTEMBER 10TH - OCTOBER 15th, 2012
        . The first class of the session is just $10 and that will be applied to your session's tuition when you come back the second week of the session to register. ~ No partner necessary... all you need to do is just show up! :)
        . We'll begin registration this week (don't forget cash or a check) so if you can come a little early it'll help us start the class sooner.

        . . .
        ScS Essential Swing Dance class . A GUIDED SWING PRACTICA
        "This connected Swing is the most responsive and versatile partner dance you can learn!"

        part II . Essentially Swing . mondays . 8:30 - 10:30pm
        ~ building our swing from the source . a guided swing práctica ~
        Now that we're dancing our swing with connection and energy / frame, flow & counterbalance — there is so much more Jitterbug & Lindy that we can do as we explore, add, embellish and create!!
        . It's Drop-in so just come by any time you can!
        . The Practica includes showing everyone at least one fun move each class

        Still $3 per evening and is a Walk-In class so you can come anytime!!
        See the rest of the details - there's even a discount if you get a Latte or something from the Barista! - here!
        . Prácticas are ongoing at Taft St. each n' every Monday evening with rare exception ~

        excerpt from our "part II" description:
        Borrowing the idea of a "práctica" from Tango — it's not just a dance, nor is it a class with a teacher in the middle all the time... it's a guided practice dance. Each night will have a lot of music and we'll be coming around throughout the class to help in any way we can. In addition, we'll offer a few selected highlights, for both leads and follows, to help us explore the dance more - and you'll be encouraged to share as well.