New Session of ScS Essential Swing Dance Classes begins TOMORROW NIGHT!

  • Hank Hauffe
    Message 1 of 13 , May 6, 2012
      Jitterbug to Lindy . ESSENTIAL SWING DANCE CLASSES

      Mondays . May 7th - June 18th, 2012
      . The first class of the session is just $10 and that will be applied to your session's tuition when you come back the second week of the session to register. ~ No partner necessary... all you need to do is just show up! :)
      . We'll be off for Memorial Day on May 28th

      . . .
      ScS Essential Swing Dance class . A GUIDED SWING PRACTICA
      "This connected Swing is the most responsive and versatile partner dance you can learn!"

      part II . Essentially Swing . mondays . 8:30 - 10:30pm
      ~ building our swing from the source . a guided swing práctica ~
      Now that we're dancing our swing with connection and energy / frame, flow & counterbalance — there is so much more Jitterbug & Lindy that we can do as we explore, add, embellish and create!!
      . It's Drop-in so just come by any time you can!
      . The Practica includes showing everyone at least one fun move each class
      ~ Now, during the Práctica we'll also offer a breakout session of about 15 minutes per evening to explore some extra moves and techniques for experienced dancers looking to add a little more variety, feeling, expression and technique to their dance. We're calling it ESPRESSO BREAKOUT and it's drop-in for just $2.

      Still $3 per evening and is a Walk-In class so you can come anytime!!
      See the rest of the details - and the discounts for ScS, HSDS & RSDS Swing (there's even a discount if you get a Latte or something from the Barista!) - here!
      . Espresso Breakouts - $2.00 ~
      . Prácticas are ongoing at Taft St. each n' every Monday evening with rare exception ~

      excerpt from our "part II" description:
      Borrowing the idea of a "práctica" from Tango — it's not just a dance, nor is it a class with a teacher in the middle all the time... it's a guided practice dance. Each night will have a lot of music and we'll be coming around throughout the class to help in any way we can. In addition, we'll offer a few selected highlights, for both leads and follows, to help us explore the dance more - and you'll be encouraged to share as well.
      While still essentially Swing, this class takes our connection and explores how we can use it to move together and dance to a whole variety of music!

      . . . . .
      at Taft Street Coffee (like the monthly Taft Dance)
      2115 Taft - Houston 77006
      . East of Montrose Blvd., between W.Grey/Welch & Drew/Fairview

      ...Maps & More at http://secondcupswing.com

      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      . . . . .
      For updates on our dances and lessons as well as other swing highlights, please see
      http://secondcupswing.com or call Hank at 713.702.3138.
      Houston swing happenings on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SecondCupSwing
      Click-to-give at http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive
      . Second Cup Swing ~ "Savour the dance"

      Sent from my iPad

    • Hank Hauffe
      Message 2 of 13 , May 7, 2012
[...]

        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
        Tuesday Blues @ Bacchus
        blues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

        Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday May 8, 2012
        8:00pm - Blues lesson*
        9:00-11:00pm - dancing
        Bacchus . 2502B Dunlavy Street in the beautiful Montrose Area
        http://www.bacchushouston.com
        Facebook Event as "Tuesday Blues @ Bacchus"
        No Cover for dance (tip the DJ if you like the music and please support Bacchus)
        Class is Free on each 1st Tuesday of the month; every other Tuesday is $7

        Grab your dancing shoes and come join us on Tuesday nights at Bacchus for Swing Dancing.
        We will be providing a variety of blues/ jazz music

        • great food & drinks
        • lovely friendly Houston dancers!
        • fantastic Houston D.J.s!**

        *An introductory “Basic of Blues” lesson will be offered from 8-9 pm by Stefani Callihan that will have you grooving to the blues in one short lesson!
        Stefani is a popular teacher who attracts record attendance at her Houston blues/jazz workshops. Her dance background in ballroom, swing, country & western, hustle, lindy hop and fusion complement her years of training and certification in Blues taught by the best teachers around the country.

        **Music is DJ's choice so on a given night there's no telling what you'll hear!
        If there is something you want to hear, simply ask. :-)

        ~Join us for a little mid-week dancing... See you there!!

        . . . . .

        Message 3 of 13 , May 14, 2012
          Jitterbug to Lindy . ESSENTIAL SWING DANCE CLASSES

          Mondays . May 7th - June 18th, 2012
          . We are entering our second week of the session so if you'd like to join us then please come on by this Monday... come a half-hour early if you can! No partner necessary... all you need to do is just show up!
          . We'll finish the full registration this week (don't forget cash or a check) so if you can come a little early it'll help us start the class sooner.
[...]

          Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday May 15, 2012

          Message 4 of 13 , May 22, 2012
            Tuesday Blues @ Bacchus
            blues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

            Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday May 22, 2012

            Message 5 of 13 , May 22, 2012
              TUESDAY BLUES @ BACCHUSblues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

              Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday May 22, 2012
              8:00-11:00pm - dancing
              8:00pm - Blues lesson on 1st Tuesday of each month then dancing at 9:00*
              Bacchus . 2502B Dunlavy Street in the beautiful Montrose Area
              http://www.bacchushouston.com
              Facebook Event as "Tuesday Blues @ Bacchus"
              No Cover (tip the DJ if you like the music and please support Bacchus)
              Free class on each 1st Tuesday of the month then dancing at 9:00.

              Grab your dancing shoes and come join us on Tuesday nights at Bacchus for Swing Dancing.
              We will be providing a variety of blues/ jazz music

              • great food & drinks
              • lovely friendly Houston dancers!
              • fantastic Houston D.J.s!**

              *On the first Tuesday of each month an introductory “Basic of Blues” lesson will be offered from 8-9 pm by Stefani Callihan that will have you grooving to the blues in one short lesson!

              Message 6 of 13 , May 29, 2012
                TUESDAY BLUES @ BACCHUSblues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

                Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday May 29, 2012
                9:30-11:00pm - dancing

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
                  TUESDAY BLUES @ BACCHUS
                  blues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

                  Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday June 5, 2012
                  9:30-11:00pm - dancing
[...]

                  TODD YANNACONE WORKSHOP

                  Saturday & Sunday, June 9 &10.
                  SSQQ Dance
                  1431 W. 26th St
                  Houston, TX 77008
                  $100 for the weekend/$50 per day (pay at the door)

                  SCHEDULE:
                  FRIDAY, June 8th: Dance Party @ Troy & Vanessa's (9-12)*
                  https://www.facebook.com/events/314892555260039/

                  SATURDAY, June 9th:
                  9-11:30am - Dancing 101
                  11:30am-12:30pm - Lunch
                  12:30pm-3pm - Dancing 102

                  Evening Dance @ Continental Club 2nd Floor (9-1am) [$10 cover]*
                  https://www.facebook.com/events/284208305008636/

                  SUNDAY, June 10th:
                  9-11:30am - Dancing 103
                  11:30am-12:30pm - Lunch
                  12:30pm-3pm - Dancing 104
                  Followed by regular HSDS classes & dance @ Melody Club

                  . . . .
                  Todd Yannacone is by far one of the best lindyhoppers in the world today. We are excited to have the opportunity tobring him to Houston for an intermediate level workshop this June. Come and see what all the hype is about!
                  . . . .

                  For questions or if you are interested in a private lesson with Todd,
                  please contact Anna (at anna.karina.whitmire@...) or Alexis (at alexis.hinch@...)

                  * Dances not limited to workshop attendees

                  . . . . .

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 12, 2012
                    TUESDAY BLUES @ BACCHUS
                    blues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

                    Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday June 12, 2012
                    9:30-11:00pm - dancing

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 19, 2012
                      TUESDAY BLUES @ BACCHUS
                      blues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

                      Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday June 19, 2012
                      9:00-11:00pm - dancing

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 26, 2012
                        TUESDAY BLUES @ BACCHUS
                        blues/fusion dancing at Bacchus

                        Each Tuesday . including this Tuesday June 26, 2012
                        9:00-11:00pm - dancing
                        8:00pm - Blues lesson on 1st Tuesday of each month* (Next Week!)
[...]

                        ~This has been very successful so join us for a little mid-week dancing... See you there!

                      • Hank Hauffe
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 1, 2012
                          Jitterbug to Lindy . ESSENTIAL SWING DANCE CLASSES

                          Mondays . JULY 2nd - AUGUST 6th, 2012
                          . The first class of the session is just $10 and that will be applied to your session's tuition when you come back the second week of the session to register. ~ No partner necessary... all you need to do is just show up! :)
                          . We'll begin registration this week (don't forget cash or a check) so if you can come a little early it'll help us start the class sooner.

                          . . .
                          ScS Essential Swing Dance class . A GUIDED SWING PRACTICA
                          "This connected Swing is the most responsive and versatile partner dance you can learn!"

                          part II . Essentially Swing . mondays . 8:30 - 10:30pm
                          ~ building our swing from the source . a guided swing pr�ctica ~
                          Now that we're dancing our swing with connection and energy / frame, flow & counterbalance � there is so much more Jitterbug & Lindy that we can do as we explore, add, embellish and create!!
                          . It's Drop-in so just come by any time you can!
                          . The Practica includes showing everyone at least one fun move each class
                          ~ Now, during the Pr�ctica we'll also offer a breakout session of about 15 minutes per evening to explore some extra moves and techniques for experienced dancers looking to add a little more variety, feeling, expression and technique to their dance. We're calling it ESPRESSO BREAKOUT and it's drop-in for just $2.

                          Still $3 per evening and is a Walk-In class so you can come anytime!!
                          See the rest of the details - there's even a discount if you get a Latte or something from the Barista! - here!
                          . Espresso Breakouts - $2.00 ~
                          . Pr�cticas are ongoing at Taft St. each n' every Monday evening with rare exception ~

                          excerpt from our "part II" description:
                          Borrowing the idea of a "pr�ctica" from Tango � it's not just a dance, nor is it a class with a teacher in the middle all the time... it's a guided practice dance. Each night will have a lot of music and we'll be coming around throughout the class to help in any way we can. In addition, we'll offer a few selected highlights, for both leads and follows, to help us explore the dance more - and you'll be encouraged to share as well.