REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the Sept 24th ScS Workshop . Swing Shenanigans :)

  • Hank Hauffe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011
      Registration is NOW OPEN at http://secondcupswing.com/workshop !!

      . . . . .

      ESSENTIAL SWING DANCE WORKSHOP

      SWING SHENANIGANS
      . Activities of Play for your dance .

      Saturday . September 24, 2011
      4.0 Hours . 10:00am - 2:00pm
      . Limited enrollment .

      Second Cup Swing is hosting another special Essential Swing Dance Workshop for any dancer who wants to better feel and understand the source of their dance. This midday 4.0 hour lead/follow workshop will focus on adding play and variety to our Swing.

      The dance, ideally, is a conversation. Sometimes it may feel like a monologue but both partners can learn to listen, respond, comment, interject and embellish the conversation. Within the dance we often call this "play" and our swing is remarkable in that it gives so much room to play. It can be so much more fun when we leave our plain vanilla dance to add sprinkles and swirl!

      Swing is also remarkable for allowing room for us to mix in other dances. Two of the most popular dances to blend with swing are Blues and Tango. In fact, mixing Swing, Blues and Tango has a name... Fusion. Introducing ourselves to these dances not only lets us mix them in, but also helps us improve and better understand our swing.

      Prerequisites:
      . You have some comfort with your swing... and now...
      . You want more play and variety in your dance!
      . You do have shoes and a smile :)

      ...Registration and more details at http://secondcupswing.com

      . . . . .

      Jitterbug to Lindy ~ Essential Swing Dance Classes
      A 12+ week program, consisting of a 6-week class session & ongoing prácticas ~

      Mondays . September 12th - October 17th, 2011
      . We'll begin right after Labor Day

      We are about to begin the next session of our Monday evening Essential Swing Dance Classes.
      The first Monday's class is just $10 and that will be applied to your session's tuition when you come back the second week of the session to register. ~ No partner necessary... all you need to do is just show up!

      Our 2 hour Prácticas are ongoing each n' every Monday evening with rare exception . 8:00pm
      . Still $3 for most . It's Drop-in so just come by any time you can!
      . This week the Práctica will begin at 8:00pm for 2.5 HOURS!
      . WE'LL BE OFF for Labor Day on Monday Sept 5th since Taft will be closed.

      ...Map & More details at http://secondcupswing.com