RSDS starting up with a Meet n' Greet info session and Free Dance TONIGHT!

  • Hank Hauffe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      RSDS is getting into gear for the Fall Semester.

      Their first event, a Meet-And-Greet info session & free dance, is
      TONIGHT (Tuesday) at 7:30 in the RMC Grand Hall. THERE WILL BE PIE!! :)

      The music may be more ballroomy than swing but that's good too and
      there will prob be some swing stuff. More importantly, it's a good
      time to see what they're offering in Ballroom, Tango & Swing.
      http://rsds.rice.edu

      SWING will be on Thursdays this semester (beginning THIS THURSDAY) and
      it will again include Sampler Classes by local dancers and teachers
      which will each last 2 to 4 weeks and offer a nice variety of material
      that I'm really looking forward to.
      The Sampler Class can be taken on a per class basis by the "community".

      Natalie and I will be doing the beginning class and Anna Whitmire will
      be doing an Intermediate/Advanced class that should be very good.

      7:00-8:15 Beginner with Natalie & Hank
      8:15-8:30 Free dance/Schmoozing with Swingers
      8:30-9:30 Swing Sampler with various local dancers and teachers
      9:30-10:30 Intermediate with Anna
      All classes are in Miner Lounge in the RMC. (I usually park outside
      Entrance 20 then walk in there).

      Come Check It OUt!

      Tonight we'll dance until 9:30... or maybe (probably) later, who knows.
      THEN we can go see THE EL ORBITS at Sambuca!! A lovely full and FREE
      night!!! :D

      -hank:)
      P.s. Don't forget the Blues/Fusion Workshop they have coming up on
      September 12th!!
      More info at http://secondcupswing.com and at http://rsds.rice.edu/blues-workshop
      .
      . . . . .
      For updates on our dances and lessons as well as other swing
      highlights, please see
      http://secondcupswing.com or call Hank at 713.702.3138.
      Houston swing happenings on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SecondCupSwing
      Click-to-give at http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive