POTC pattern ideas

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2003
      hello all, i just joined the group and wanted to say hi. i found
      some pattern ideas at http://www.sewingpatterns.com that could work
      for some of the costumes, here goes:

      Butterick 3640- this one could work for some of Elizabeth's tan
      dresses, view B is what i was thinking, just cut down on the over
      skirt,

      McCall 2258 this one has some pants, shirt, and vest that could work
      for Will.

      Butterick 3072- Same as above for will.

      Butterick 3894-This is a "pirate costume", it might be adabtalble for
      someone.

      I didn't see anything for the plum dress or anything specific for
      Jackl, but i will keep looking. hope this helps
      bye
      stephanie
      http://www.angelfire.com/me2/rose3
    • Celowyn A. Undomiel
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2003
        Great job! I love the patterns you picked- especially Butterick
        3640!! Sorry I didn't respond quickly- i'm not getting internet or
        phone for a while and i'm using a friend's computer to write this
        right now... I'll be back on the 20th.
        Celowyn

        P.S. Welcome to the group Stephanie!!

        --- In PotC_and_X-Men_Costumes@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie"

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2003
          ---hi, i found another one hhat could work for elizabeth's dresses,
          it is simplicity 8750, it is labeled a "renaissance" pattern, but it
          has the look of a georgian dress with the proper fabric. the link
          below is to apicture. hope this helps
          stephanie
          http://www.monsterpatterns.com/catalog/item-s8750-3.html?
          x=1060793366&ORIG=2&DEPT=102&PAGE=4&_ssess_=4a6be7e1f2ddd99895bde94fb0
          4939a4