We sure are a chatty bunch...

  • Celowyn A. Undomiel
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2003
      But what can I say- I haven't talked for a while! Exams, exams,
      exams, and now I had to finish a dance dress (in electric blue
      velvet :b)for next friday... fun!!
      I recently bought some piratey looking fabric originally for a
      backpack but now for possibly a jacket. It's an olive green medium
      weight upholstery fabric with no pattern or anything picked off the
      remnants bin for 1 or 2 bucks... heh... That made me happy.

      As for pirate blouses- check thrift stores!! I found one at a pretty
      cheap store just after halloween a few years back and it has been
      one of my favorite shirts to wear with a denim skirt... great
      opportunity to scare the popular girls *cough*profanity*cough*.
      They'll see who's better when one of us is a professional costume
      designer/actress/director and the other is working at a strip
      club... lol.

      Sorry for the randomness of parts of this- I guess that's the way I
      talk in person too ;-). I'll be cramming and now *gasp* moving so I
      probably won't be on for a while. Talk to ya...

      Celowyn

      P.S.- Anyone interested in the costumes from X-Men? I feel a new
      obsession coming on...
    • Stacy Flowers
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2003
        *screams* So much to respond to. Now you're the kinda ramblin costumer i'm
        talkin bout! *hugs* Go us. And, do go on and scare the preppy girls. Do it
        for me. >)
        Anywho! Congrats on your fabric finds.
        I aswell have a few new fabric finds, all from the Dallas fabric district
        I -finally- got to visit! And one is *drumrolls* ..pirate jacket fabric! (I
        cancelled that old fabric i'd found at joanns, cause i'd found out I was
        going to the fab district..)
        It's -gorgeous-. A beautiful burgandy, with a pattern to it, but not too
        feminine. Really lovely. And remember, most pirates stole their jackets from
        the french and the english.
        Also got 30 -great- brushed gold buttons to go with it. 5 bucks for 30. If
        i'd gotten 30 at joanns (I calculated precisely!), it would've been $60.
        I'll take pics and scan soon!

        Anywho, about xmen.. .. .. *SCREAMS BLOODY MURDER AND LATCHES ONTO CELO*
        HOLD ME! You think YOU've got a new obsession coming on? Lookit me! I've
        been ranting about X for weeks now with mai best friend, and just came home
        with a lovely X2 magazine, which I read start to finish and admired the
        costumes for an hour straight.. *pants*
        What i'm tryin to say is.. YES I'M INTERESTED. I'm definitely DEFINITELY
        going to be making an X costume for the next movie. Or just to make, anyway.
        Still can't decide which one I wana do though. Contact me!

        Stace, quite apparently hyper.
      • Celowyn A. Undomiel
        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2003
          Woo Hoo!! I guess I could turn this into a Pirates/X-Men Costume
          group... hehe interesting combination... I'm still trying to find a
          good source of nice, stretchy pleather so I'll update you on that
          progress.

          I'm thinking someone will have to scan a pic of their jacket fabric-
          when i think patterns i think flowery sissy prettyboy pirates...
          lol... someone shall have to correct me on that.

          Celowyn