RE: [PostCardMailArt] Scares Me....SCARES ME BAD

    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 18, 2008
      Deb, I better get one no matter what!  You are getting one of mine too, so there.

      You know that MM is ugly when it is one large piece but when it is cut into PC sizes it really is surprising nice, lovely, wonderful, maybe some icky but you can fix that with FMQ (hope it isn't too thick!), glitter and paint and glue on a shiny something after it is all done if needed.  Oh and if your MM isn't drying fast enough, you can flip it over to get the bottom to dry faster...that will work too.

      The sun dyeing with salt is fun too.  The quality is probably in direct proportion to the quality of acrylic paint used...mine was cheap.

      The rust dyeing is fun too.  I'm using all the yucky tone on tone fabrics I have or pieces of odd shaped muslin.  I even have some silky something or other I still want to try it on.

      have a wonderful day!

      hugs sue  (I won't put /ca anymore unless we get another Sue or Susan in the group)

      To: PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com
      From: dede59801@...
      Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:05:54 +0000
      Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Scares Me....SCARES ME BAD

      Its beautiful in Chicagoland today. Sunny and bright and warm. All
      the right words for a Monster Mess and Sun Dyeing. (I think)
      I told myself that I didnt have a MM in me. But secretly i was
      collecting bits of thread, gold leafing, lint from the dryer and I
      bought acrylic paints. I guess my inner psyche said Your sewing
      room's a mess sooo go forth and multiply. I have two huge cookie
      sheets out on my deck drying. They look pretty bad now but hopefully
      they will be beautiful when all the wet is gone out of them. If
      not......... Sue U R GETTING THE FIRST ONE!

    • Margaret Bryant
      Message 57 of 57 , May 23, 2013
        Marvelous to have a group to help you source.  I went to the site.  35 dollars shipping to Canada.   Maybe I have enough til I get back to Florida.  I still have 995 little plastic bags to put the postcards in.  :)
        Timtext does make a good backing for postcards doesn't it.     margaret