Sun Painted PC's small delay

  • sheree_sews_fab
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22 4:10 PM

    Ladies, my sun painted postcards are partially finished.  I just can't seem to find time to sit down and finish them up!

    I played with a new product called Lumi Inkodye.  I used both orange and plum on high contrast background fabrics before exposing them to the solar action.

    I also started documenting and writing a blog post about the technique for my blog.  But even that article is half way finished.  :)

    These are my 12x16" finished fabrics before cutting them into postcard sizes.  I must admit, cutting them smaller loses some of the effect of sewing notions and lace.  boo hooo

    I have relatives in town for new two weeks.

    I will keep you updated, just might need till end of July.  Thanks for the understanding....

    Slow Sheree

    Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23 12:20 AM

      Sheree, no rush on my part ... I know your PCs will eventually arrive and I'll be thrilled to see your creation.

      I look forward to seeing how you complete the PC with the fabrics you made ... interestingly, I think I read about that solar product just recently.

      Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Sun Painted PC's small delay [2 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from shereesews@... [PostCardMailArt] included below]

      Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2014
        Carina, Sue B, Nancie V -  I finally got these in the mail..... what a relief.... watch for arrivals soon.  Nancie and Sue's are mailed naked.  Carina yours is in an envelope!

        Sheree
      • carina.paradiset
        Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2014
          Looking forward to see the card.
          Yours will be mailed out tomorrow.

          Carina
        • sheree_sews_fab
          Message 5 of 6 , Aug 15, 2014
            Hi Carina - your pretty sunpainted postcard arrived yesterday.  The colors and stitches are beautiful and I am really enjoying this displayed on my windowsill.  Many thanks!
            Sheree in Michigan
          • carina.paradiset
            Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19, 2014
              I´m so glad you like it.