New header photo

  • sewnancie
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2013

      Love the new photo for our group! Besides being so darn cute, it's perfect for the season.

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2013
        Thank you Nancie, I was trying to find an appropriate photo from membership when I had that same problem about copying pix and it is such a hassle, so just added my own ... not to show off or anything, really.

        Subject: [PostCardMailArt] New header photo

        Love the new photo for our group! Besides being so darn cute, it's perfect for the season.

        --Nancie V in Austin TX

      • sewnancie
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2013

          I know that the header photo must be from your own computer, not from the group photo albums. Tsk.

          However, there is a way to use members' photos!  Open an album and click on the little downward arrow in the lower right corner of any picture. (I think the icon is supposed to represent "down"-load and a paper tray.) After the photo is downloaded to your own computer, you can then select it for the header.

          HTH.

          --Nancie V in Austin TX

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 4, 2013

                  Well, I don't have any more tips!

                  Is the downloaded photo actually in your photo program?... or simply in a Download file? It probably has to be imported to your photo program/storage to work.

                  It will be sad if we can't upload member photos to the header! I'll try it on my own group and see what happens.

                  --Nancie V in Austin TX

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 4, 2013

                    Just tried it.... Couldn't load the new imported photo nor my own photo to the header. I think it's Yahoo's problem. Try again in the morning.

                    --Nancie V in Austin TX

                  • sewnancie
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 5, 2013

                      I was able to change the header on my own group this morning, and I used a member's photo, imported to my computer.  The problem yesterday was Yahoo, but today it seems to be working.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 5, 2013
                        Yes it IS working now ... now the challenge is choosing a photo that will fit nicely in that narrow band!  I tried a couple of the snow globes but did not do the PC justice with so much cut out.