Surprise me swap ... Closing soon

  • iamwraez
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 21, 2013
      'Surprise me' swap ... no particular theme, create whatever you desire.  Standard 4x6 fabric backed PC, mixed media ok, have fun, embellish as desired .. groups of 3 or 4  Perfect opportunity to try a new technique, let your imagine soar, or settle down for some Holiday spirit ...  YOU get to choose ...

      sign up by Nov 22nd mail by Dec 20
    • DAC Newman
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 21, 2013
        Hi- I hate to do this but I think you should take me off the list.  I haven't done anything in ages and barely have time to look at the notices about the group.  Don't want to be an onlooker and since I don't have time right now to be active I guess I should just move on.

        So sorry, - Debbie Newman

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 21, 2013
          ok Deb I can do that, sorry to see you go but I understand ...

          To: PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com
          From: dachristienewman@...
          Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:12:33 -0800

          Hi- I hate to do this but I think you should take me off the list.  I haven't done anything in ages and barely have time to look at the notices about the group.  Don't want to be an onlooker and since I don't have time right now to be active I guess I should just move on.

          So sorry, - Debbie Newman

          'Surprise me' swap ... no particular theme, create whatever you desire.  Standard 4x6 fabric backed PC, mixed media ok, have fun, embellish as desired .. groups of 3 or 4  Perfect opportunity to try a new technique, let your imagine soar, or settle down for some Holiday spirit ...  YOU get to choose ...

          sign up by Nov 22nd mail by Dec 20

        • Beverly
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 21, 2013
            What happens if you owe someone a postcard.

            Beverly
            Sent from my iPad

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 21, 2013
                Deb owes Sue Cox and me the Z is for postcard. I contacted her personal email and she promised to mail the card, but that was a month or more ago. The original mail date was August 30.

                It's okay about not getting the postcard, but I think everyone should be aware of the commitment when you sign up to swap.

                Beverly
                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 21, 2013

                  Beverly wrote: "I think everyone should be aware of the commitment when you sign up to swap."

                  I agree. And I think Sue does a good job of stating that.... but many folks don't read very carefully.

                  Everyone has busy lives these days! But we all make time to do fun things. Making postcards is one of my "fun things" even though it's hard to squeeze it in sometimes. We all understand when unexpected happenings disrupt our daily schedule. When that happens, it is only courteous to notify your partner(s) about a delay, and then send the postcard(s) as soon as possible. Most of us do not mind a delay as long as the conversation continues and the promises are kept. OTOH, if your life has been totally turned upside down, let Sue (list owner) know that you cannot carry through on your commitment.

                  It is SO disappointing when one's efforts are not reciprocated. I can honestly say that it's happened to me only once in 3? years in PCMA. But even once is enough to cause anyone to second-guess her participation in this group, so it's very important that everyone keeps their commitments.

                  If you are considering participating in a swap, please examine your life and your desire....make certain that you can fulfill your obligations.  Other people are counting on you when you put your name down.

                  --Nancie V in Austin TX

                • Darlene
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 21, 2013
                    I agree and I've been very bad.  I apologize.  I am so upset that my watercolor cards have gone missing.  I thought I mailed them but no one has received so I plan to make new ones.  I'm so sorry!

                    Darlene

                    On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM, <sewnancie@...> wrote:

[...]

                    Want something unique and beautiful?