Felting Drop Out

  • sheree_sews_fab
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2013
      Ladies - I am so bummed, but I need to delete my name from the felting swap.

      Apparently, all my felting supplies are still in San Diego in our storage facility.  I thought I had shipped them home to Michigan last spring.  I have searched everywhere in my sewing room and can only conclude that all the tools are still in SoCal.

      Sorry, but I don't want to go out and buy more supplies of tools I barely use!  I will continue searching, and if I find them, I will add my name back into the database.

      My DH would not be to happy if I ask him to go to storage company and sort through about 30 boxes for me.....  and I don't want him messing up my neat and organized storage methods, anyways!  Darn it.  Maybe next time!

      Your felting drop-out friend,
      Sheree
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2013
        Sheree, I am so sorry that you have this disappointment, but I surely understand where you are coming from ... I haven't signed up for the felting swap yet (maybe I did and can't remember, LOL) ... I haven't used my felting supplies in a couple of years and not sure where my hand needles are.  I use an old dense man's hairbrush (from b4 hubby lost his hair) that I use for pouncing the needles  and I know where that is but I really need the needles!  I also don't want to go buy more, I don't felt often enough for even the slightest extra expense.

        I'm hoping to get my sewing room back in shape ...  we had all the carpet in the house cleaned yesterday and I had to move all my boxes, bins, etc out of my sewing room into my master bath area, so now the room looks so large and clean, LOL.  I do NOT want to just start hauling all my 'stuff' back into the sewing room and return it to a haphazard mess.  I want to take one bin/box at a time, set it on the floor, go thru it, remove any fabrics that I really do not want (to give away or sell online), and hopefully organize the room better.  I think it might take a few weeks, LOL.  I have company coming for the weekend and need to spend today doing lots of bakingand prep.  Tomorrow is 'grandparents' day' at school of 2 grands that we are going to, plus the 3 hour round trip, and bunco at night.  Just a crazy busy day.  Then my dd/family come up on Friday when we'll celebrate a belated b'day with her choice of Thanksgiving dinner ... leftovers as 'turkey pot pie casserole' on Saturday and then who knows what ... movies with the kids etc?  I know I'll just be fortunate to get the guest rooms back to normal cuz all the 'extras' have been put on top of the beds so that the carpet could be cleaned.  I might get some done today after baking, if I'm not all worn out.

        Curious, when do you come back to CA for your annual time with hubby?

        Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Felting Drop Out

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2013

          Sue I am getting tired just hearing of all the events you have going on.  But family is important, number one, ......and postcards might rank second or third!  ha ha

          I purchased a five needle felter, foam pad, color roving two years ago at the Del Mar Fairgrounds quilt show.  It was fun to play around with while in San Diego.

          I might pull out some 100% merino wool fabric scraps and play around with fabric felting instead of punch felting.  If something good comes out of it, or if I get a creative streak then I will sign up again.

          I plan to be in SoCal spring 2014, hopefully packing and moving my husband to come home.  Then I will get back my stash of stuff purchased while there.  It will be fun to dig thru the boxes because I can't remember what the heck I bought during those two years.  :)

          Your message reminded me that I also need an appointment for carpet cleaning before the holidays!

          Thanks,

          ShereeSews in Michigan - but won't be felting anytime soon!