RE: New postage Rules for Canada

  • iamwraez
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2013

      Oh Maggie, the Zentangle PC you mailed to ME cost you a small fortune ... no wonder you are so upset and frustrated!  So sorry that you had to pay so much, oh my.

      Now I feel guilty telling you that the stamps are so pretty!

      warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

      ---In postcardmailart@yahoogroups.com, <darlene.kho@...> wrote:

      Same here Maggie.  They said that fabric is thicker than paper and I've been paying first class postage.

      Darlene

      On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM, <mag.rob@...> wrote:

      I was so disgusted when I mailed my last postcard. The guy at the post office said that postcards had to be sent at parcel rates as they were not paper!!!!

      I would think they would appreciate the business !

      He did let them go for the regular rate but I suspect the next time he will ding me. My solution to the problem is to send them in a regular envelope and hope that works!

      It really spoils the concept of our trades, but I hope no one will mind.

      Otherwise I will have to drop out as it will be costing too much.

      You can tell me what you think??

      Thanks

      Maggie

      --
      Want something unique and beautiful?

    • Carina Karlsson
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2013
        I think you should send them in regular envelops, try it !

        I have also problems with the high postage. One postcard always costing me  2 dollar
        outside Sweden !! So I have to those carefully the swaps I want to join.

        Regards Carina from Sweden

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
          Maggie, I think you should use an envelope!  Our postage is supposed to go up too.  When I send one in an envelope it is much cheaper than in cello, weird.lol   We don’t want you to drop out, it would be no fun for anyone doing that, we would miss you.  Lynn in wa.
        • lynn j
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
            Darlene, that makes no sense as they have a thickness they go buy, no matter what the pc is made of!  I know I have a post office close that if it fits the thickness it goes 28 cents, was, now it might be 30, and I never have gotten one back.  We have one really close to us that charges way more for everything than the other post office, can’t figure it out.  Lynn in wa.