RE: new database and more

  • maggiequilts
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013

      I am so frustrated with what Yahoo has done.....Cannot find anything...I signed up for the Sept. lotto and cannot post a picture of my card...I have not been here for awhile as I was away , what the heck is going on...I had to change my password as it would not let me in.. I am "P"

      --- In postcardmailart@yahoogroups.com, <boskamp.berlin@...> wrote:

      I am sorry to say that the new installments for database are not as good as they had been before.

      I can see the title, but cannot follow the lines to the end. No way to read them completely.
      And: I cannot add my name to any theme of the database if I want to join a swap for a certain theme.

      Am I the only one with these problems??

      Greetings from
      Inge in Berlin
    • iamwraez
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013

        Inge it is frustrating ... did you take the survey?  Let them know what you think.  I am figuring it out a bit at a time.  Now I do not know how to edit photos / change title to photos.

        Is it the August Lottery?  I do not think a Sept lotto is set up yet.  Go to PHOTOS and put your cursor over the photo and it will tell you the name of the album.

        Some of us are learning this a bit at a time.  Read the emails to gather info from others to help you.  I am trying to do that.

        warm quilt hugs, sue in Ca

        --- In postcardmailart@yahoogroups.com, <mag.rob@...> wrote:

        I am so frustrated with what Yahoo has done.....Cannot find anything...I signed up for the Sept. lotto and cannot post a picture of my card...I have not been here for awhile as I was away , what the heck is going on...I had to change my password as it would not let me in.. I am "P"

        --- In postcardmailart@yahoogroups.com, <boskamp.berlin@...> wrote:

        I am sorry to say that the new installments for database are not as good as they had been before.

        I can see the title, but cannot follow the lines to the end. No way to read them completely.
        And: I cannot add my name to any theme of the database if I want to join a swap for a certain theme.

        Am I the only one with these problems??

        Greetings from
        Inge in Berlin
      • sewnancie
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013

          I think  that, once you get used to the new format, you'll find it much simpler to use. Right now, it is VERY different than before, and Yahoo is still working out the kinks.( I've never seen new programming that didn't have kinks in it; it's simply the nature of the beast.) I expect everything will improve slowly over the next weeks.

          Yesterday, everything on my personal Yahoo group was frozen; none of the 'buttons' worked. Sigh. I figured Yahoo was updating it or something...? I waited a couple of hours and tried again.... by that time, everything was working correctly and I noticed  few new features. So patience is necessary. If that happens to you, try refreshing the site by hitting the F5 key on your keyboard; sometimes that helps.

          Hang in there! It is worth the frustration to stay in touch with all of you, and to receive all of your lovely postcards.

          --Nancie V in Austin TX

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013

            To edit photos, go to "Photos"....then choose an album by running your curser over the pictures, then clicking the one you want. In the upper right corner is a button that says "Edit". All the photos will come up with text details, which you can then change. Be sure to click the purple button "Save" when you're done.

            Sue, as list owner you can change the photo on the PCMA homepage. Run your curser over the existing photo and a little  "Change cover" icon will appear. You can choose any photo from your own computer. It appears that Yahoo is working to give us more options on that in the future.

            --Nancie V in Austin TX

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2013

              If you go to the webpage, be sure to click "Groups Home" at the top of the left sidebar. You will see the most recent postings from each of your groups.

              In the right sidebar, there is a big "Thank You" and a purple button "Product Tour". I learned a lot in this tour!

              Notice also that there are thumbnails of the latest photos there too (right sidebar).

              You can arrange your groups in the order of priority by clicking "Manage My Groups" in the left sidebar.

              Ok, that's enough info for now, lol. Go have fun!

              BTW, there are still some who have not experienced this change. Oh, so confusing!!