"y" postcard

  • quilterwumon
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2013
      Thanks for the comments. I used Google and looked up Yack. So I printed on a copier, used the tape transfer method and sewed on the dictionary page.
      Sue C
    • Nancie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30, 2013
        I really like that yak postcard, Sue! I've tried the tape transfer technique on photocopies without success. I'm jealous that you made it to work, ha!

        Speaking of tape transfers, I have a bunch just waiting to be used. Back when we did our swap last year, I saw potential in every magazine and catalog I looked at (!) and now I have a folder full of images. Is anyone interested in another Tape Transfer swap?

        Pictures of our last swap:

        How to:
        https://www.lilblueboo.com/2012/10/packing-tape-image-transfers.html

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-rfGQDcjXg

        --Nancie V in Austin TX

        <quilterwumon@...> wrote:
        I used Google and looked up Yack.... printed on a copier, used the tape transfer method and sewed on the dictionary page.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2013
            OK, I've put it up on WYSWM. I'll swap with as many partners as want to join me in making Tape Transfer postcards (any theme).

            --Nancie V in Austin TX

            <wraez@...> wrote:
            I also have a batch of tape transfers at the ready ... I'll swap with you ... did you set a WYSWM up yet?
          • doni boyd
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 31, 2013
              I've never heard of this method - how fun!!  Thanks Nancie for putting the tute link up too!!

              I see some playtime in my future!!  LOL!

              doni - who's a newbie with WYSWM - no suggested deadline??
            • Nancie
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 31, 2013
                I'm glad that you're intriqued, Doni. Tape Transfer is lots of fun, and very easy. I had the best success with glossy pages (magazine/catalog pictures. When I'd see an image I liked, I'd slap a piece of clear packing tape on it, and then cut around the tape. For about 2 weeks, my husband kept finding magazine pages all over the house with a piece of clear tape on them, lol!

                Some say to soak the tape in warm water but I had no problems using tap water; I let it soak 15-20 minutes and the paper would literally float away from the tape. Once the paper is off and the tape is air-dried, I cut the image into the desired shape and stitch it to the postcard. I see in one video that she uses the tape to stick it in place, but I don't think it would hold.

                re. WYSWM
                You will find these individual swaps (1:1) listed in the database. If you wish to participate, simply click on "edit" (at the far right of the screen) and add your name and info. I set a mailing date of Aug 15, giving everyone a good 2 weeks to play around with the technique. If you need more time, just give a holler; I'm flexible.

                --Nancie V in Austin TX

                <nequilter@...> wrote:
                I've never heard of this method - how fun!! ..I see some playtime in my future!! ...WYSWM - no suggested deadline??

              • lynn j
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 1, 2013
                  Nancie, are you talking about a group swap, I would be interested, I enjoyed that swap a lot.  Lynn in wa.