Re: Embroidery Digitizing

  • acclaimtoframe
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2013
      Thanks. I just wish I could retire so I could work full time on sewing!

      --- In PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com, Sue Balchak <wraez@...> wrote:

      > Congrats to your dd for graduation! Another milestone passed on the way to adulthood. I'm sure she makes you proud.
      >
      > Darlene it will be fun and interesting to see your embroidery designs ... have fun!
      >

      > Warm Quilt Hugs, Sue in CA

      > Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Embroidery Digitizing

      > Hi everyone! I think I am about caught up on postcards and swaps. It's been a strange couple of months but I am back for sure this time.
      >
      > However, the time did culminate in an awesome seminar where I learned some techniques at embroidery digitizing - aka, creating my own unique embroidery designs and I have some ideas - just need to spend some time practicing. Yahoo!
      >
      > My DD is graduating the end of this month so we will be traveling to Michigan to see her graduate high school.
      > Take care,Darlene

    • Nancie
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2013
        Darlene, congratulations on your daughter's graduation.
        About your postcard... it looks to me like you created it with free-motion stitching. Or did you digitize it??

        I'm glad to see you back in the swapping game. I'm looking forward to more of your postcards.

        --Nancie V in Austin TX

        <darlene.kho@...> wrote:
        ...an awesome seminar where I learned some techniques at embroidery digitizing - aka, creating my own unique embroidery designs
      • Darlene
        Message 3 of 7 , May 9, 2013
          No, it was freehand stitching on my postcard.  I am just learning the software and hope to start digitizing soon as I get some of my other things out of the way.  Have costumes to make for my daughter by the end of May so I will be quite busy with projects this month.

          I'm so glad you like it.

          --
          Yo! Got to hang your photos in style!

          Message 4 of 7 , May 9, 2013
            Darlene what kind of costumes are you making for you dd?  I'm impressed cuz I do NOT sew, really I don't.  I never cared for clothes patterns, the cutting with scissors, pinning etc.  When dh got me a Kenmore sewing machine right after we were married (42ys ago), I took classes, tried to make myself a pair of slacks and gave up at 'zipper time', I did make my toddler niece a velvet dress for Xmas ... my only and last accomplishment in 'sewing' clothes.  My MIL on the other hand made all the clothes for her 6 kids including 4 wedding dresses, multiple brides maid dresses ... she does quilt but not with today's easier techniques of rotary cutters, mats, rulers etc.  she does it 'old school' with straight stitches, no 'quilting' tho years ago she did do hand quilting, now she only makes baby quilts for her great-grand kids when they are born.

            I realize that with advancements in sewing machines and techniques to make things easier, clothes sewing today has got to be so different than 40+ yrs ago.

            Subject: Re: [PostCardMailArt] Re: Embroidery Digitizing