Re: [PostCardMailArt] Imagine this as a postcard!

  • Ncsou
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
      I agree Sue! But his work is AMAZING!
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Sue Balchak <wraez@...>
      To: postcardmailart <postcardmailart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Apr 23, 2013 8:30 pm
      Subject: RE: [PostCardMailArt] Imagine this as a postcard!

      omg ... but my head immediately saw all kinds of nooks and crannies for dust to settle ... I'm so bad!

      Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Imagine this as a postcard!

      http://tinyurl.com/cg7qeco
      You would need a padded BOX to mail this!

    • maureencurlewis
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
        Yes! I immediately thought "DUST CATCHER" but I couldn't get over how intricate it was.
        It made me wonder if this is the new decoupage, NOT that I've ever been tempted to try it in any form!

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
          Maureen I have to admit that at first I didn't go thru all of the photos but did later and thought they resembled church stained glass windows or windows in a huge palace/castle/estate etc.  Yes totally beautiful.  But wonder if they put them under glass to keep dust off of them?

          they also remind me of a craft from about 40 years ago, can't remember what it is called but thin paper strips made into curls, my friend used to do them.

          Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Re: Imagine this as a postcard!

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
            Sue

            I had forgotten about quilling! I've still got a stash of papers and tools from a few attempts back in the 80s I think it hit Oz!
            Once again it was too fiddly and "icky" with the glue!
            Yes I just thought that his cathedral windows were fantastic and COMPLICATED.