eyes fpc

  • maryloucurry1
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 22, 2013
      Somehow I have missed the listing for this swap. Where do I find it.??
      Also, I have to confess I misread the eyes and have totally different cards to be mailed out. I think I must have failed reading comprehension in school or I am leftie:)
      thanks

      BTW. Fabric that has only been in the closet for 5 years is still a preemie at this house... I found some neat stuff the other day that I purchased before we moved to Toronto. many years ago....I still love it and am waiting to cut into the yardage.

      hugs
      Mary LOu
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 22, 2013
        Thanks for the hoarder support! I don't think 5 years is very long either..lol. Some of that fabric is on the verge of coming back in style! Some of it I hate but it works just fine for many of my backings and then after I use it.....hey I like it....wish I would of saved it. Lol

        The swap list...go to,files and then to,closed swaps. All the swaps are listed with the pairing of the partners.  Hope that helps.

        Today, I am back in the studio TRYING to do spring organizing. I have been in this house for just a little over a year...IT SHOULDN'T need straightening up yet!  Grrrrr. But it is such a mess...I,can't keep on one project at a time because I lhave soooooooo many wonderful projects in the making!  I can tell its Spring out......I have my baby mode in full throttle!  I am making baby quilts like made. The left over scraps or orphan blocks get whipped into complementary bibs or changing pads or burb cloths. I'm am doing my best NOT to save small pieces of fabric. Today I got the bright idea of making simple gift tags from the quilt/burb cloths/ bibs scrap left overs. Just a 4x6 or so on the front of card and then the back is using up anything light looking so easy to write on. I have tons of Rick rack and ribbon to use as the tag strings too.

        If any of you are interested in making dog beds to,donate to vet clinics or the dog pound....use old pillow cases or make a bag out of some Goodwill fabric fines and stuff them with fabric /batting scraps. The bags fill up faster than u can imagine. I even cut up some of are old clothes that is too worn to donate and stuff them in the bags. The poor doggies that sleep on the cold concrete don't care at all what u stuff their beds with.

        Well.....back to the dungeon ( I mean studio). Lol

        Deb

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 23, 2013
          Hi Deb ... I had to close the May Day swap and I almost didn't read this post cuz it had Mary Lou's name in the subject line (I have so many emails to go thru, I pass up lots that do not have my name or a swap I am in) but grateful that I took the time to be nosy and read it, LOL

          I love all your ideas for using up your orphan blocks, scraps etc.  LOVE love love the gift tags idea and the baby 'stuff' !  You ARE too smart!

          Speaking of messy sewing room ... I'm stressing major ... I have a 1-1 swap on another group, kinda like the itty bitty swap, someone sent me fabric and the due date for mailing back a completed itty bitty something is only 3 days away and I canNOT find the fabric!  I've searched high and low, but haven't found it.  I can't fall asleep at night wondering if it fell in my waste basket and more 'stuff' covered it and hubby tossed it, or did a pile of other fabric get put on top and I picked it all up and put it away ...?  many thoughts of dire doom and gloom.  I think I cleaned up my sewing room right after the fabric arrived and when I went to use it about 2 wks ago I couldn't find it, didn't stress right away but this week I've been  a crazy lady and now my sewing room is a mess again cuz I tore it apart doing a 'search' ... and I keep searching in places I've already looked cuz I know from past experience with lost / misplaced items that I'll find something where I already looked.  HELP ... going to spend the whole day today resorting, rearranging, reorganizing in attempt to find that fabric!  I have to find it today, I gotta get my project started/completed and mailed ASAP.  I haven't told the gal who sent me the fabric, I'm so shamed, embarrassed and want to crawl in a deep dark quiet hole ...

          so off the computer NOW.

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 23, 2013
            Aww Sue thT HAPPENS TO ME SO REGULARLY THAT IT'S NOT FUNNY  especially bout finding "lost thingie" where I've looked so many times before.
            AS soon as you 'fess up to your swap partner, all will be good and you'll find the peskyfabric.

            Good luck my friend!
            Maureen

            MaureenC

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 24, 2013

              I feel for ya. I put stuff away so I can find them later....then when i need it....I can't remember we're the great place was that I put it.

              I'm working a a new mug rug idea. I'm making hexie flowers....sewing two of them together adding a circle of batting between the layers first.  I think I like them.  The rugs are reversible too. And I'm making the flowers different colors so u can have an entire garden of color.  Or u can make one flower for spring and then the other side for fall color flower.  Still working on it but...thinking is work too right?  Lol
              Sent from my iPad

[...]

            • sheree_sews_fab
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 26, 2013
                Oh Sue! I feel for you.... especially losing sleep over it.... take a breath and LET IT GO !

                My suggestion- just use another fabric with similar colors from your stash. It will make a great story to tell to your group and swap partner! I'm sure it will make for great laughs, and most of us have been in the same situation with losing something important.

                I often find missing "stuff" in my junk mail pile (about 10" deep of misc paperwork) near the fridge!

                It might be better to just complete the itty bitty (with a replacement fab) so you get over the stress factor!

                Hey! I know you are a member of my YOURSEWINGROOM organization yahoo group, but other members here might not know that I started it ten years ago, because my sewing room was such a disaster!

                ShereeSews in Michigan

                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 26, 2013
                  Thanks Sherry ... you are too organized, I should visit ' your sewing room' yahoo group more often ... you always have such great tips, suggestions etc.

                  My swap partner suggested I just ease back, not worry about it and it will show up cuz I'm not looking for it .. that just might work, LOL.  But I also figured if I didn't find it soon then I will do as you mentioned, just use something similar.

                  Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Re: Sue B, studio mess etc

                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 26, 2013
                    --- In PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com, "sheree_sews_fab" <shereesews@...> wrote:

                    > My suggestion- just use another fabric with similar colors from your stash. It will make a great story to tell to your group and swap partner! most of us have been in the same situation with losing something important.
                    > It might be better to just complete the itty bitty (with a replacement fab) so you get over the stress factor!

                    Exactly, don't worry Sue. I've known your partner for many years & I know she would hate for you to be feeling bad. This swap Sue is talking about is on my quilt group & I have had the joy of actually meeting Jane, a couple of years ago when my DH & I visited NZ - she actually had us stay in her home for 3 days. I'm so lucky to have met quite a few of my group's members, scattered as we are all over the world.

                    Her FQ is bound to turn up some day, when you're no longer rushing round trying to find it. I know you'll find something equally fab to make her special gift.

                    Worry ye not my friend :)

                    Kim x
                  • Nancie
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                      Sheree wrote:
                      Other members here might not know that I started YourSewingRoom ten years ago, because my sewing room was such a disaster!

                      So, Sheree, did it help? Is your room much neater now? Mine is the worst it's been in years...there is simply too much stuff and not enough room.

                      --Nancie V in Austin TX
                    • Victoria Swann
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                        Sheree I just applied to join your group,it looks like it could be helpful to me.
                        I TRY to live by the motto : " A place for everything and everything in it's place".
                        I said I TRY, doesn't always work that way though...V

                        To: PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com
                        From: sewnancie@...
                        Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:18:27 +0000
                        Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Re: studio mess

                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                          I signed up for sheree's group too. I NEED HELP!!!

                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                            I also tried to join up and nearly 24 hours later I don't know if I've been accepted. At least I have rediscovered my dining table and the shoe box kits are packed in the garage to go to the distribution point after Easter

                            MaureenC

                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                              Heck no Nancie!

                              Today it is a disaster, but the fun thing about YOURSEWINGROOM is seeing photos of everyone else's sewing space!

                              Sheree

                              --- In PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com, "Nancie" <sewnancie@...> wrote:

                              > Sheree wrote:
                              > Other members here might not know that I started YourSewingRoom ten years ago, because my sewing room was such a disaster!
                              >
                              > So, Sheree, did it help? Is your room much neater now? Mine is the worst it's been in years...there is simply too much stuff and not enough room.
                              >
                              > --Nancie V in Austin TX

                            • sheree_sews_fab
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                                I agree Vickie - everything needs a place, that way you can find it someday! I tend to start multiple projects at the same time. And I want to SAVE every little tidbit too!

                                Sheree

                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                                  Now Maureen - I may moderate the group, but I don't sign in daily to read it. I pop in once per week to make sure no one is spamming the group. It is not a chatty group, more of a place of reference, great links, great pics, great files all related to sewing room organization.

                                  I will definitely accept you! Sheree

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                                    That sounds SOOOooooo FAMILIAR!   lol

                                    MaureenC

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Mar 27, 2013
                                      Sorry Sheree

                                      Blame it on my Irish blood! I can be impatient at times!   lol
                                      I'll try to be good!

                                      Just out of curiosity I'd be interested to know what size rooms most of the members have for their sewing....my designated room is about 2.8 metre by 2.8 ( a small bedroom with a built in robe that shaves some 6 foot off one wall.
                                      So I have two cupboards (needing re organizing) and about six 80 litre plastic storage tubs (fabrics) in the garage.

                                      Maureen

                                      MaureenC

                                      --- In mailto:PostCardMailArt%40yahoogroups.com, Maureen Curlewis <broomegal@...> wrote:

                                      > I also tried to join up and nearly 24 hours later I don't know if I've been accepted. At least I have rediscovered my dining table and the shoe box kits are packed in the garage to go to the distribution point after Easter
                                      >

                                      > MaureenC
                                      > http://maureenc.wordpress.com/
                                      >

                                      > >________________________________

                                    • lynn j
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Mar 28, 2013
                                        Maureen, I am on the yoursewingroom and people have every different size you can imagine for sewing rooms.  Some are very high tech and so neat and tidy it drives me nuts, because I would love mine to be that way, but will never happen,  and some are warm like some ones living room.  All are full of wonderful goodies and great ideas.  Come on over and have a look.  Lynn in wa.
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Mar 28, 2013
                                          Lynn

                                          When I moved to this home six years ago I had WONDERFUL plans to convert my garage (a double car accommodation) to a studio.
                                          Then reality sank in! The garage is west facing and therefore really HOT in summer which lasts from late October to late April (weather here does is not influenced by calendars or anything else.
                                          And to replace the double roller door with glazing; add air con and erect shade sails at the front was too much for my budget, so now my play areas extend through most of the house AND the outdoor areas when I do "wet work"
                                          At least dreaming is cheap!

                                          Maureen

                                          MaureenC

                                          Maureen, I am on the yoursewingroom and people have every different size you can imagine for sewing rooms.  Some are very high tech and so neat and tidy it drives me nuts, because I would love mine to be that way, but will never happen,  and some are warm like some ones living room.  All are full of wonderful goodies and great ideas.  Come on over and have a look.  Lynn in wa.
                                        • Margaret Bryant
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Mar 28, 2013

                                            My studio is in a bedroom.   10' by 12'.   I like to do fabric landscapes so I have 12 baskets that fit into a stand.  its a laundry set from Ikea.  6 on each side and a top.  I can pull out the wire basket like a drawer and get into my fabric.  I stack the fabric by colour.     Here in florida I have about an 8' by 8" space.  Well, not true, the kitchen table has my embroidery machine set up.  The 8 by 8 is in the lanai.  I have only done a couple of lap quilts so I don't work all that large.  ( yet )    margaret
                                            .

                                          • lynn j