Welocome new member Toni from Australia

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2012

      Hi Toni, Welcome to PCMA and so happy to have you join us !

      Toni says "
      Hi,
      I love quilting, beading, applique and want to
      learn about fabric dyeing and fibre work. Chatting/sharing ideas about
      it all sounds exciting. Thanks TONI "

      Toni we have other members who also do a lot of beading, quilting and of course creating fabric PCs.
      We recently had a 'New Technique' swap, where individually we chose what new technique we would
      like to try. There was lots of discussion that can be found in messages by searching New Technique.
      You may have already done some, or not.

      We are open to lots of discussion, so start one or jump in at anytime.

      I'm Sue, living in Southern California, with a wonderful husband of 41 years. I
      have 3 adult daughters, 2 grandsons, Eric who turned 13 in July and JT 4, and 3
      granddaughters, Kyra ,9 and, Rylee who turned 9 in July and Kalie 6 and
      expecting another granddaughter in December. I also have a cat. I have been
      quilting about 10 yrs, but mostly collecting fabrics I don't quilt as much as I
      would like to. Our other member Deb Poole introduced me to fabric postcards
      about 4, maybe 5 years ago (has it been that long Deb?). I was immediately
      addicted to creating fabric postcards!

      Looking forward to swapping with you soon.

      If you have any questions, just ask, all our members are always ready to help
      out in any way they can.  Lots of info, tutorials, instructions and ideas can be found in the 'files'
      and 'links' at PCMA.  When you
      have some time, look around and be inspired.

      Please just remember to jump in and join us ASAP, 2 months will fly by faster
      than you realize and we like new members to have joined in at least 1 swap
      within 2 months of joining ... The more the merrier, the sooner the better to
      get your feet wet and familiar with our little family of swappers.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2012
        Hi Toni
        And welcome from another Aussie!
        I live just north of Brisbane..where are you?
        I have been a member for over a year, and have loved every minute of my time on PCMA.
        I have been making fabric and fibre postcards since 2004 and find it very addictive.

        Bestwishes
        Maureen in Woody Point

        MaureenC

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
          Hello Sue,

          Thank you for your welcome. I do feel very special. I shall forward to meeting you all on line.

          I have 3 boys, 2 are at University, the youngest in his last year of school. My new(ish) husband has 5 daughters and 2 grand children...so we are now a very large family! We have 2 dogs, no one, have just lost one to illness, and a cat who thinks he is a dog, whenever we go for a walk he follows us - at a safe distance.

          I have enjoyed patchwork and quilting, particularly applique, doll making and fiddling with this and that over the years, things were put on hold for a while and now its time to start again...I am very out of practice but looking forward to starting. I have discovered some fabric dyes which I hope to experiment with in the holidays.

          I work all sorts of jobs in a primary school and we have school holidays in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

          I live in a sea-side suburb not too far away from the famous Bondi Beach in Sydney. Have not been here long and love it so far...just a 10 minute walk from Maroubra Beach.

          I am looking forward to joining in the swaps, and am learning to navigate my way around the website. Looking at the photos next.

          It will be great to be involved in sewing and creating again.

          Best Wishes

          TONI

          --- In PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com, Sue Balchak <wraez@...> wrote:

          > Hi Toni, Welcome to PCMA and so happy to have you join us !
          >
          > Toni says "
          > Hi,
          > I love quilting, beading, applique and want to
          > learn about fabric dyeing and fibre work. Chatting/sharing ideas about
          > it all sounds exciting. Thanks TONI "
          >
          > Toni we have other members who also do a lot of beading, quilting and of course creating fabric PCs.
          > We recently had a 'New Technique' swap, where individually we chose what new technique we would
          > like to try. There was lots of discussion that can be found in messages by searching New Technique.
          > You may have already done some, or not.
          >
          > We are open to lots of discussion, so start one or jump in at anytime.
          >

          > I'm Sue, living in Southern California, with a wonderful husband of 41 years. I
          >
          > have 3 adult daughters, 2 grandsons, Eric who turned 13 in July and JT 4, and 3
          >
          > granddaughters, Kyra ,9 and, Rylee who turned 9 in July and Kalie 6 and
          >
          > expecting another granddaughter in December. I also have a cat. I have been
          >
          > quilting about 10 yrs, but mostly collecting fabrics I don't quilt as much as I
          >
          > would like to. Our other member Deb Poole introduced me to fabric postcards
          >
          > about 4, maybe 5 years ago (has it been that long Deb?). I was immediately
          >
          > addicted to creating fabric postcards!
          >

          > Looking forward to swapping with you soon.
          >

          > If you have any questions, just ask, all our members are always ready to help
          >
          > out in any way they can. Lots of info, tutorials, instructions and
          > ideas can be found in the 'files'
          > and 'links' at PCMA. When you have some time, look around and be inspired.
          >

          > Please just remember to jump in and join us ASAP, 2 months will fly by faster
          >
          > than you realize and we like new members to have joined in at least 1 swap
          >
          > within 2 months of joining ... The more the merrier, the sooner the better to
          >
          > get your feet wet and familiar with our little family of swappers.
          >

          > Warm Quilt Hugs, Sue in CA

          > http://community.webshots.com/user/wraez

        • toniwebster562
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
            Hi Maureen,

            Thank you for your welcome. I live in Maroubra, a Sea side suburb in Sydney and not far from Bondi Beach. I haven't done much sewing for a while and really looking forward to starting again.

            I am starting to navigate my way around the website and am about to look at the photo section, I have no idea what I am doing really so that will help. Its all a bit daunting.

            I am looking forward to meeting and swapping with you all at PCMA.

            Best Wishes

            TONI

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
              Hi Toni
              Reading your reply to Sue, I gotta ask are you a Teacher's Aide? (Your comments seemed to fit the profile for a TA...and I was one at one stage in my life)
              I have had a wonderful time since I joined the group, and every one is so helpful and friendly .
              Please just add your comments to conversations, and join swaps ASAP.
              (In case you don't know, a "NAKED" postcard costs $1.60 to mail from Oz to all points international!
              Toni, you will learn that I waffle on a bit.
              But if I can help in any way, just ask!

              Stitching hugs.
              Maureen
              maureenC

              --- In mailto:PostCardMailArt%40yahoogroups.com, Maureen Curlewis <broomegal@...> wrote:

              > Hi Toni
              > And welcome from another Aussie!
              > I live just north of Brisbane..where are you?
              > I have been a member for over a year, and have loved every minute of my time on PCMA.
              > I have been making fabric and fibre postcards since 2004 and find it very addictive.
              >
              > Bestwishes
              > Maureen in Woody Point
              >
              > MaureenC
              > http://maureenc.wordpress.com/
              >

              > >________________________________

            • sheree_sews_fab
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
                Welcome Toni -

                I'm Sheree in Michigan. I joined a year ago and absolutely love this group! The PC's are a nice way to experiment with small attempts at new sewing techniques. I enjoy displaying the holiday cards as another form of holiday decor.

                Hope to see you soon in some of the swaps!

                ShereeSews
              • Lynn Johnson
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012

                  Welcome Toni, it is nice having you with us.  I am new too and it is really fun to jump in and start trading!  Lynn in wa.

                • Toni Webster
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4, 2012
                    Thank you Lynn, its a little scary 'jumping in' all I have to do is DO IT!!!  Toni