Pictures

  • Tom and Melody
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 10, 2012
      I tried taking pictures of my tape transfer cards, and they did not turn out. No matter what angle I tried or what light, there was a glare or the angle was so great, you couldn't really see the pcture itself that well. So I will leave the photo to whoever gets my card. I admit defeat.
    • Nancie
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 10, 2012
        I had the same problem, Melody, until I finally figured out that I was *too close* and this was causing an enormous reflection. I stepped way back and used the zoom feature of the camera to focus on the postcard. Voila! A much better photograph!

        --Nancie V in Austin TX

        Melody" <mellybean@...> wrote:
        I tried taking pictures of my tape transfer cards, and they did not turn out. ...there was a glare...
      • Beverly
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
          Thanks everyone for posting pictures of your post cards.  I have spent a very enjoyable few minutes looking at all the new photos.  Everyone has fantastic ideas! :-)

          Beverly

        • sewnancie
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 15, 2013

            Just finished 2 Halloween postcards for my gr-kids. (see photos) One is applique, based on a coloring page that came up when I googled "pumpkin drawing." The other is based on paper-piecing but I didn't use the pattern-- just winged it. I think they're pretty cute!  The kids love finding mail for themselves in the cluster mailbox that happens to be at the edge of their yard!

            re. so many postcards....

            I'm glad I'm not the only one with a big # of postcards! I was very surprised when I actually counted them up! Maureen, you have been very active in 2 postcard groups so you must have made hundreds too. Kim? Kimberley? Anyone else?

            re. photos of postcard

            I do take a picture of almost every postcard I make before it's mailed. But they are kinda lost in the endless photo files on my computer. There are websites to organize and print photos (Snapfish,, Shutterfly, MPix, etc) and photos can be sorted into personal albums until you're ready to print them. You can also make photo books out of your pictures too. I have been intending to send my postcard and quilt photos to separate albums like this, and then wait till they have a big sale (penny a print). I would especially like to do this with my quilts, maybe even make a little book of them to use as a portfolio. I just never get around to it.....

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 15, 2013
              At one stage, I belonged to four Postcard groups,plus two  online needlework/craft groups used to have the odd card swap.
              Last count of my cards I had over 900----and that was about a year ago!Open-mouthed smile
              I must do a re count some time.   If nothing else, in an era when snail mail is rapidly disappearing I think I have done a fair bit to keep Australia Post in profit!  Winking smile

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 15, 2013
                wow maureen that is very impressive, they must be taking over a room all to themselves!  yes i think if you figured out an average of what it cost to send per pc, it can get costly and should be considered quite the contribution to the postal system

                i try not to think of the postage fees, that could make me grimace and think how much $ i would have saved in supplies to ... oh well, it is worth it in fun

                Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Re: Pictures

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 15, 2013
                  nancie the halloween pix are just so cute, i know they are so fun to create, and your grands must smile ear to ear to receive them.

                  i have lots of pix on my computer in my kodak photo program.  i used to have more but remember i had some computer crashes that wiped out family and pc pix.  i used to keep them on webshots.com but that website closed and tho they saved them and emailed them to me, something happened to the quality, not so good.  i also have some on cd but it gets to be a hassle to look for them there too ... complain complain complain ... oh well ...

                  Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Pictures

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 15, 2013
                    Sue
                    I have six (6 by4) boxes I store my cards in
                    A (water free) Fish bowl contains currently received swaps, and I also have framed  “series”on my “ gallery” wall.
                    Other walls in my home feature my Journal quilts and art quilts and these get changed according to the season: time to think of Summer and Christmas.

                    Maureen
                  • Bev
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 15, 2013
                      I like the idea of making a book. I need one for quilts and another for postcards.

                      Beverly
                      Sent from my iPad

                      On Oct 15, 2013, at 5:06 PM, <sewnancie@...> wrote:

[...]

                    • SandyH
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 24, 2014
                        Hi Sue, Thanks for posting the pictures. The Elvis fabric I used in postcard came out in 1993. Enjoyed talking to you today. Correction  been to Graceland 21 times and saw Elvis 14 times in concert.  Sandy
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 24, 2014
                          thanks for the correction Sandy ... I originally put 20x to Graceland in my message and then changed it, LOL ... no matter, that IS devotion!