Inspiration

  • Nancie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      I hope I'm not repeating myself with this subject...

      I'm just amazed at where/how Inspiration comes to me. Today I was making a simple little table runner with 4-patches for a class. To make the blocks, I sewed 2 strips together first; a hot pink print and orange dots. When I was done with the project, I had 2 little pieces of stripset left over, plus a short 3" segment cut from the same stripset. Rather than put the extra pieces in the "orphan box", I decided to make a 2-toned background for future postcards.

      So I fused each piece to a Peltex blank. The first segment wasn't quite long enough unless I left the selvage on...it said "made in Japan"...hmmmm, a cute little Japanese character would be a perfect addition to this postcard!

      Then I fused the 2nd segment to another Peltex blank, making it half pink and half orange. That done, I was thinking what to do with that last little 3" segment..? Hey, what if I cut a heart out of it, and reverse the colors...maybe outline it in hot pink...oh, and here's an orange silk flower to add somewhere...

      Gee, now I'm EXCITED about making these 2 "scrap" postcards! I was merely trying to use the scraps rather than waste them, and I thought the resulting backgrounds would sit around in my 'resource' drawer until the right time to use them.
      ...I guess the right time is NOW! lol

      Where do *you* get your inspiration??