OMG scrappy faces, LOL

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
      Yikes, just to show that keeping a calendar isn't always reliable ... when human error occurs.

      I'm cleaning up my computer desk, way too many notes, pieces of paper with jottings/notes taken from the computer.  You know ... recipes, books/authors for me or my grands, stuff from Dr.Oz about skin care, fast scribbled stuff, quilt or sewing instructions.  A MESS.

      Anyway I'm checking my monthly planner and looking at what projects are complete (I put a pink or blue hi-lite on it when done) and what need to be done.  We are now into April, and I'm rechecking March markings ... on Mar 15th I have NLT Scrappy Faces make 2 ... heart falls to my feet!  I'm late oh no.  I go to FILES and it says April 15th mail date but still uncertain so I verify when I made the file, March 21st, whew, no way the swap is due b4 I put it in the files.  WHEW.

      Stress averted but now I have to do something with all these jottings that I want to save .... hmmmmm rewrite them all, yuck.  What do YOU do?  Or are you so organized that this doesn't happen to you?

    • Nancie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
        << I have to do something with all these jottings that I want to save .... hmmmmm rewrite them all, yuck. What do YOU do?>>

        I used to have the same kind of mess. Now it's a lot less because I keep a small notebook next to the computer. *Everything* gets jotted there, no matter what the topic. If I want/need it later, I know just where to look! ;-)

        At stoplights, I jot down new songs/artists that I hear on the radio. I used to have a mess of little torn papers in the bottom of my purse, mixed in with receipts and old Kleenex (yuck). Now I have a pretty little notebook in my purse where I write songs, book titles, adddresses of people I meet, a new restaurant that someone told me about, etc.

        My friend has a different system-- she uses Post-It Notes extensively. She writes everything on a Post-It and sticks it in the appropriate place. Easy to stick on the refrigerator or the calendar, or shift further down her to-do list.

        Now if I could just get all my medical stuff in order! I've been meaning to do this for years, so that I can carry one notebook to every doctor visit, and have all the answers and dates at my fingertips. ;-)

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
          Nancie, nice to know I am in good company!

          Yikes, post-a-notes would not be an improvement.

          I was thinking of having folders in my hotmail account with the appropriate subjects (I already have some to save emails into, like quilt patterns/links, recipes, PCMA letters etc) so guess it wouldn't be too hard to type into the right folders.

          OR like you, have a notebook and put tabs with titles and jot in there ... yes I think I like that way.  If I'm already jotting/writing, might as well do it in that notebook instead of then having to transfer to the computer.

          Gonna have to buy a nice new spiral notebook ... I'm thinking even the .99 store might have what I need

          Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Random notes