Hi Sandy B

  • debbpoole
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
      Many of us use our embroidery machines to design our postcards. Its pretty fun adding a snowflake here or a tree over there. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will help you out. There are lots of help links in the database you can look into. But I think the best way to start is to just sign up for a swap. Its so fun to get them in the mail.. so much better than all the bills i seem to be getting lately... (dang holidays!) lol Im glad u came to our group... have fun!
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2011
        Welcome Sandy!

        Like you I enjoy small projects more than large quilts, but do enjoy making lap size+ quilts for the grands.

        I'm originally from OH, from Canton to Akron before ending up in CA.  Glad to have you join us, looking forward to swapping with you in 2012.

        The swaps are kinda lean right now cuz the holiday season is usually a busy time for most of us.  But the 'will you swap with me' aka WYSWM is a good place to start.  Read the description in the database and feel free to post a theme for swapping with someone, then post a message to the group that you are looking for a partner.  All you have to do is put WYSWM (and then the theme name) and people will know you are looking for a partner.  You can put in as many as your heart desires.

        Lots of ideas, techniques etc in the 'files' and links, so take your time browsing.

        To: PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com
        From: slbreck4649@...
        Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 14:05:57 +0000
        Subject: [PostCardMailArt] New Member

        I am a new member to the group. I live in Ohio and am new to postcard art. I belong to a quilting group and saw fabric postcards there for the first time and thought they would be fun to try. Yesterday on one of the blogs there was a reference to this group and I thought it would be something I would like to learn more about and participate in. I enjoy quilting, but like small projects more than large quilts.

        I made one postcard a couple of months ago from some online instructions and I will create a photo album and post it soon.

        I retired in June of 2010 and purchased a new sewing machine and started to work on quilting. I had hand pieced and quilted up to that point. I recently purchased an embroidery machine, so maybe I can incorporate some embroidery work in my postcards.

        I am looking forward to being a member of the group and learning from all of you along the way!

        SandyB

      • Tom and Melody
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 7, 2012
          I wrote to Judy also and encouraged her to stay with us. I told her I don't try many of the new techniques because they involve too much time and/or money. She needs to start with just the basic card first and work from there. Otherwise , it seems overwhelming and scary. Hope she stays with us.
        • patdevries362
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 25, 2012
            I thank you for permitting me to join this group and have enjoyed looking at your photos. However, I will not have the time to participate in your swaps, so I feel I should leave your group.
            Pat
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 25, 2012
              Gee Pat that was a hasty decision  ... you only need to swap once in the first 2 months after joining, and a 1 postcard swap of 'will you swap with me' would fulfill it.  Give it some more thought please, hate to see you leave already!