I will be MIA

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011
      Hi, Just wanted to let you lovely ladies know that I'll be offline till probably late Sunday or sometime on Monday.  Hubby and I are leaving shortly to drive to Las Vegas for 3 nights.  My dd Jess and her family will be joining us tomorrow after my gd Kyra gets out of school.  They didn't want to take her out early or not go to school at all cuz they will be taking her out of school for a week in Sept when they go back to Cabo where they got married.

      So talk to yall when I return.  Have fun without me, but don't gossip about me ok, LOL?  I know Deb would but she's been pretty busy lately.  When I get back I'll do something about setting up that POLL that I mentioned (and late again) for swapping non-PC items that you shared suggestions with me.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011
        --- In PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com, Sue Balchak <wraez@...> wrote:

        Hubby and I are leaving shortly to drive to Las Vegas for 3 nights.

        Safe travels, have fun, miss you already. Kim x
      • kustomgal
        Message 3 of 12 , May 31, 2012
          I have changed my messages to Special notice for the next 2 weeks. I am going on vacation to a special place that I will always call home...MONTANA.! Can't wait to hug all my family. I will being staying at my folks house and they have no Internet.

          Talk to you all when I get back to my other home in Kentucky!...I will be home for 1 day and then off to Chicago for 2 weeks....busy busy busy month.
          Message 4 of 12 , May 31, 2012
            Gonna miss you Deb!  Just have a great time, it will zip by fast while you are having fun.  2 wks in Chicagoland also?  Wow you are a foot-loose travel junkie.

            Stay safe!

            Subject: [PostCardMailArt] I will be MIA

            I have changed my messages to Special notice for the next 2 weeks. I am going on vacation to a special place that I will always call home...MONTANA.! Can't wait to hug all my family. I will being staying at my folks house and they have no Internet.

            Talk to you all when I get back to my other home in Kentucky!...I will be home for 1 day and then off to Chicago for 2 weeks....busy busy busy month.

          • Victoria Swann
            Message 5 of 12 , May 31, 2012
              Deb,
              Have tons of fun and gaze at the wide open spaces for me....Vickie

              To: PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com
              From: dede59801@...
              Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:17:25 +0000

              I have changed my messages to Special notice for the next 2 weeks. I am going on vacation to a special place that I will always call home...MONTANA.! Can't wait to hug all my family. I will being staying at my folks house and they have no Internet.

              Talk to you all when I get back to my other home in Kentucky!...I will be home for 1 day and then off to Chicago for 2 weeks....busy busy busy month.

            • kustomgal..aka..Deb
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
                Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be off the computer for 5 days while I am on my quilt retreat. I'm so excited. It took more forever to decide what project to take so in the end.....I took about 5!

                My DH is LOL when he looks at the stuff I need to load into Mary's car. He asks what kind of car she has? GOD I HOPE IT'S NOT A VW BEETLE! There's 3 woman riding in the car. I tell him if i have too many containers to fit in the car, I'll leave my suitcase with my clothes home!

                Bye for now!

                Deb
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
                  Have wonderful time Deb!
                  I could also be MIA as I need rely on a Tablet, rather than my laptop which is in hospital for who knows how long

                  So.....enjoy the peace   (if it happens)
                  Maureen

                  MaureenC

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
                      Your my kind of gal Sue.never did get much sewing done at workshoxs or retreats

                      MaureenC

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
                        Sue wrote:
                        I never got much done at retreats except socializing, having fabric envy over everyone else's stuff...

                        Maureen wrote:
                        never did get much sewing done at workshops or retreats

                        I am just the opposite, ha! I make hay while the sun shines...taking advantage of the uninterrupted sewing time. I only take a few projects--just what I think I can accomplish-- and I stay focused to get it done. I can talk while I sew! I do enjoy the kibbitzing on other people's projects, but after my opinion is given, I'm right back at my sewing machine. And I turn down invitations to the LQS because I have enough fabric already.

                        However, there is always time for a margarita on Sat. evening. I make them for the whole group and we have a great happy hour!

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
                          Nancie, why am I NOT surprised that you get so much accomplished at retreats!  I think it is just in your nature to get lots done in short time.  Are you also one of the people who stays up late or all night at the retreat cuz you just don't want to quit?

                          Subject: [PostCardMailArt] retreats
                          I am just the opposite, ha! I make hay while the sun shines...taking advantage of the uninterrupted sewing time. I only take a few projects--just what I think I can accomplish-- and I stay focused to get it done. I can talk while I sew! I do enjoy the kibbitzing on other people's projects, but after my opinion is given, I'm right back at my sewing machine. And I turn down invitations to the LQS because I have enough fabric already.

                          However, there is always time for a margarita on Sat. evening. I make them for the whole group and we have a great happy hour!

                          --Nancie V in Austin TX

                        • Nancie
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 4, 2013
                            --Are you also one of the people who stays up late or all night at the retreat cuz you just don't want to quit?

                            Yes! I get so keyed up, I just can't settle down. I also don't sleep well away from home, so I might as well keep sewing. I'm always the last one to bed (where I read until I fall asleep) and the first one up in the morning.

                            I can catch up on sleep at home, lol!