Re: [PostCardMailArt] CArolyn and Soldier Cards

  • evgr178@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
      Carolyn, Thank You so much for this idea....this is so wonderful......God Bless You for sharing this with us...I'm going to make several and get them in the mail ASAP... Eva
      In a message dated 12/3/2010 11:37:39 A.M. Central Standard Time, wraez@... writes:

      Hi Carolyn, can you tell us more about this, are we supposed to include a message?

      Thanks for sharing, I think this is a great idea, I'll be sure to pass it on

      To: PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com
      From: ccmathis5@...
      Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:20:59 +0000
      Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Thought someone might be interested in this

      When filling out your Christmas cards this year, take ONE CARD and SEND it to this address: A Recovering American Soldier, c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20307-5001. If wepass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards ......these heroes could get to bring up their spirits. Please re-post.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
        Can I just confirm that the address is ... NW Washington, DC
        and not Georgia Ave NW   ????

        When filling out your Christmas cards this year, take ONE CARD and SEND it to this address: A Recovering American Soldier, c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20307-5001. If wepass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards ......these heroes could get to bring up their spirits. Please re-post.

      • Carolyn Mathis
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2010
          I looked it up on the intranet it in NW Washington DC

          --
          Carolyn Mathis
        • Mary Schaeffer
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
            Ladies - When I have been involved in similar gestures of support, we have always been told that if we do not have the name of a specific individual to whom the card is being sent, it will not be accepted.  The same was true for relief packages  we sent overseas.  At least this is where things stood last Nov/Dec.  A guild member had a grandson serving in Iraq and we used his name, etc.  He then shared with others.
            Does anyone know if this is still true?  Anyone have active miliary in their family?  If not, there is an Army Reserve Center near me.  I could go there and ask and hopefully find someone with the answer.
            Sending a card is a wonderful gesture.  I would just hate it if the cards were simply dumped because they were lacking necessary address info.
            Let me know what I can do to help.
            Mary

            Proud participant in the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.

            Get involved at: www.alzquilts.org

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
              Hi Mary

              I found this online ...  http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp   saying that cards sent from the Red Cross WILL be sent and received   .. I would post the info but snopes.com won't let me copy and paste, I had to provide the link.

              Just be sure to continue reading down the page for the Do's and Don'ts .

              Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Re: CArolyn and Soldier Cards