27402RE: [PostCardMailArt] Post card stash

    Sep 1, 2014
      Susu a great idea about decorator books, haven't thought about that in years.  I'll have to put out the word on freecycle or craigslist to see if someone wants to get rid of some.

      Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Post card stash

      I too like to have the basics ready to go. I just bought a couple of yards of Peltex while JoAnn's had it on sale. Most of it will get cut into 4x6's but I will save some for mug rugs etc.

      I get a steady supply of fabric sample books from a local upholstery shop. So I have bins of fabric pieces from them. Hubby takes the books apart for me. The only problem is I don't get to be choosy when they give me a box of books. So some go the the dump anyway. If you have a shop close by asked them for the discontinued books - a decorator is also happy to get rid of old books. I like the coordinated sets, as some are good for fronts and backs. Fun, fun fun!!

      Susu B.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic