Re: [PostCardMailArt] RE: what is the right term? linens?

(24307)
  • Darlene
    Nov 6, 2013 Expand Messages
      wasn't sure if doilies are just round or oval.   But, yes, how can you put them away OR cut them.  maybe you can make a table runner out of them and display them on your table.  If I were to do this, I would very lightly sew them together so as to leave as much original intact as possible.

      Darlene

      On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Sue Balchak <wraez@...> wrote:

      Doilies, you are right, I hadn't thought of that!  I have some vintage hankies too, a few have a tiny hole in the fabric or around the embroidery.  It is sad to think of cutting any of them or putting them out of sight in a drawer.

      Subject: Re: [PostCardMailArt] RE: what is the right term? linens?

      beautiful.  Are they called doilies?  That's what my step mother called them.

      Darlene

      On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM, <mrsvv@...> wrote:

      Sue, your vintage linens are gorgeous.  I have one set of unused embroidered, vintage pillowcases that my grandmother passed down to me.  They are standard size and all our pillows are larger so I do not use them.  But, I remove them from time to time just to look at them.  They are sentimental to me and I would not be able to cut into them.

      It will be fun to hear the other replies on this topic.

      Vicky

      AZ

      ---In postcardmailart@yahoogroups.com, <wraez@...> wrote:

      While trying to organize my sewing room I came across a pillowcase of laundered 'linens' that I forgot that I had ... probably from my grandmother/great grandmother .. many are crocheted items probably used on dresser tops etc, some are damaged, some are in great shape.

      Do any of you have these kinds of 'linens' and what do you do with them?

      --
      Want something unique and beautiful?

      --
      Want something unique and beautiful?