24301Re: [PostCardMailArt] RE: what is the right term? linens?

  • Darlene
    Nov 6 7:15 AM

      beautiful.  Are they called doilies?  That's what my step mother called them.

      On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM, <mrsvv@...> wrote:

      Sue, your vintage linens are gorgeous.  I have one set of unused embroidered, vintage pillowcases that my grandmother passed down to me.  They are standard size and all our pillows are larger so I do not use them.  But, I remove them from time to time just to look at them.  They are sentimental to me and I would not be able to cut into them.

      It will be fun to hear the other replies on this topic.

      ---In postcardmailart@yahoogroups.com, <wraez@...> wrote:

      While trying to organize my sewing room I came across a pillowcase of laundered 'linens' that I forgot that I had ... probably from my grandmother/great grandmother .. many are crocheted items probably used on dresser tops etc, some are damaged, some are in great shape.

      Do any of you have these kinds of 'linens' and what do you do with them?

      Want something unique and beautiful?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic