22374RE: [PostCardMailArt] Remnants Fiber Culture

    Jun 3, 2013
      Darlene, so sorry to hear about this woman's trials.  Sure hope that all turns out well for her in business and in health.

      You did not break any rules.  I think if we are aware of a good source for fabrics, embellishments etc and good blogs related to our 'creativity' then it is fine to share them here at PCMA.

      Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Remnants Fiber Culture

      Hi,

      You know that I do not type a lot of things in emails.  But, there is someone near and dear to my heart that I want to mention and I really hope this isn't against the rules but I fear this store may go out of business.

      If you like modern fabrics, I have to tell you about a local Austin shop with an amazing young woman who opened this shop.  Personally, I love ALL fabric, traditional, batik, modern,...

      Jessica Darling is a true darling, a young woman who had a dream, who beat the odds of finding a place that would be willing to rent to a 20 something when several places told her that she was too young.  I think she is in her late 20s. She has a blog if you would like to check it out.

      No matter how busy she is, she greets people as if they are her best friends.  I have never seen her down even though she has been through terrible grief over the past several months.  She talks about all this in her blog but her mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer and she died in early February.  For a person who just started her self-financed business (yes, I can't imagine self-financed), she suddenly had to fly out several times to California to attend to her mother and then finally her funeral.  As if that wasn't a toll, she was also in an accident and had a severe head trauma plus found out she is diabetic. Then, a very difficult divorce.  After all that, I thought she would be a mess.

      No, not Jessica!  I tell you that this young woman is an amazing person who is strong and inspirational and very loving. She said in her blog that the financial strain because of everything that had happened is making her think she may have to close her doors.  I truly cannot see Austin without this fabulous shop and this fabulous lady.

      If you need to order any modern fabric, please consider purchasing from her to help her through this financially difficult time.  I wouldn't ask you to buy something you wouldn't want anyway but I just thought you might like to know about this fantastic shop and owner.

      thanks,
      Darlene Khosrowpour
      Pflugerville

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic