      From: mydox98 <myweedox@...>
      To: PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, 1 January 2013 5:48 PM
      Subject: [PostCardMailArt] Thanks for welcome back and Happy New Year to all

      Happy New Year, we are getting close, I guess we are about 20 hours different from Australia time, according to the news.lol

      I don't have a clue how to do redwork on a machine other than by embroidery machine, I don't do that either. Wouldn't you just draw a fine line and follow it with your machine, possible using a size 40 or so thread weight for more thickness? Just thought I would throw that in as that is the only way I can think of how to do it and I have never seen it done that way anywhere either.

      Maureen, Have you seen it done free hand before? I know they freehand embroidery but is more like paining. Lynn in wa.

      --- In mailto:PostCardMailArt%40yahoogroups.com, Maureen Curlewis <broomegal@...> wrote:

      > Like you Deb,I have redwork patterns for Emb. machine, but would like to know HOW to tackle"freehand" redwork.
      > NOT being a FME or even a decent quilter, I don't know where to start.
      > Somehow I feel a darning foot may be the starting point.
      >
      > Maureen
      >
      > MaureenC
      > http://maureenc.wordpress.com/

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic