      From: Maureen Curlewis <curlewism@...>
      To: "PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com" <PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [PostCardMailArt] Re: Nancy G - your double layer binding tips

      Like Vicky, my cards are all around me: some on my walls, framed in groups of four, featuring particular themes, other just single ones. I have a circular fishbowl on the dining room table featuring my most recently arrived treasures and  five "postcard boxes" crammed full and sitting in bookcase, also in the kitchen/dining area.
      My mother in law died fifteen years ago, and afterwards Dad gave me the various cards and embroideries that I had gifted her over the years,
      (She was also a gifted needlewoman so she appreciated my little gifts)
      My own mother was,dare I say, a hoarder and when I needed clear her apartment after her death in 1992, I found cartoons,sketches,paintings and needlework I had given her from my early teen years.
      And as for me! I have told my kids that what they don't want goes to my three particular friends.

      I guesstimated a few weeks back that with Postcard swaps over the past five or six years I had swelled Australia Post's coffers by close on $10,000.
      Frightening what an addiction can cost....and add to that.........I must be CRAZY!
      But I'm in good company!   :-)

      Maureen

      From: shereesews@...
      Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:09:20 +0000

      THROWN AWAY? Who throws theirs away? Anyone out there? tee hee :)

      I'm ready to start a second shoebox for my collection. They are great conversation pieces, my non-sewing friends enjoy them even more!

      I constantly have two different displays of them! I line up the current swaps along my fireplace mantle, and I have a display wrapped around a square vase on an end table. I show them off! I often find my "artist" son holding them and inspecting the new arrivals!

      When I get back to Michigan, they will be hanging on a wall area in my kitchen.

      Thank-you everyone for contributing to my home decor!
      I LOVE FABRIC POSTCARDS AND I LOVE THIS SWAP GROUP!

      ShereeSews in SoCal

      --- In PostCardMailArt@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Goodman <nhepgood@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for all the compliments!  It has encouraged me to keep on with it.  My family thinks I am crazy.  My mother in law asked me why I put in some much time in my postcards when they just get thrown away once they are mailed, and received.  I hope that the joy they provide to the mail carrier, the recipient, the family members of the recipient, etc. more than outweighs the time involved.  Your feedback is so appreciated.  Thanks again.
      >
      > Nancy G.
      >
      > Nancy Goodman

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic