KAISER advises not to eat GMO's - THIS IS A HUGE STEP!

  • Arhata Osho
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2012
      http://www.willamettelive.com/2012/news/corporate-giant-comes-out-against-gmos/

      --- On Wed, 21/11/12, susan fabrican <sfabrican@...> wrote:
      I wonder how many people actually read the newsletter, and then how many will really understand what Kaiser is saying. Still, it's a great step forward by a huge member of the healthcare industry! It makes sense that they want their clients to avoid the possible side effects of eating GMO foods that Kaiser will end up paying for dearly in healthcare workups and treatments. Then again, that is their stock in trade so it makes one wonder...
      -Susan
      From: Susan Elaine <labelgmosvolunteer@...>
      Date: November 21, 2012 2:30:45 PM PST
      Subject: KAISER advises not to eat GMO's

      It has come to our attention that Kaiser Permanente, the largest managed healthcare organization in the United States, has advised its members against GMOs (genetically modified organisms) in food.

      http://www.willamettelive.com/2012/news/corporate-giant-comes-out-against-gmos/

      In its Northwest Fall 2012 newsletter, Kaiser suggested membership limit exposure to genetically modified organisms.

      “GMOs have been added to our food supply since 1994, but most people don’t know it because the United States does not require labeling of GMOs,” according to the newsletter.

      Sounding like a radical organic health proponent, the huge corporate Kaiser continued, “Despite what the biotech industry might say, there is little research on the long-term effects of GMOs on human health.”

      Independent studies have shown GMOs to cause organ damage in rats and the inability to reproduce, the Kaiser article said. Kaiser gave tips on how its members can avoid GMOs, including buying organic, looking for the “Non-GMO Project Verified” seal and to download the “ShopNoGMO” app.

      Since corporations are required, by definition, to augment their bottom line, we think Kaiser’s efforts to encourage GMO avoidance for the members for whose health costs they must (sometimes!) pay – is telling.

      check out the newsletter:

      image.jpeg

      image.jpeg