GPS

  • ncgood
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
      Hi,

      I have a 14ft portabote.(getting the RV mounts put on tomorrow!)
      Looking into buying a handheld GPS that I can use in the boat and in
      the car

      Any Suggestions?

    • fzt7pp
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
        After extensive research I purchased the Garmin 60CSx for both
        purposes. It is expensive. At the time (Christmas) I got mine for
        $313 that included a $50 rebate from Garmin (received already). I
        purchased it at http://tinyurl.com/ualta. I think the price has gone
        up a wee bit but give it try if this is in your budget.

        Hope this helps.

        Jimmy in TX.

        --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "ncgood" <ncgood@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a 14ft portabote.(getting the RV mounts put on tomorrow!)
        > Looking into buying a handheld GPS that I can use in the boat and
        in
        > the car
        >
        > Any Suggestions?

      • jrnoe2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
          Hello,

          I use a Garmin GPSmap 276C which I like a lot.

          It moves easily between both the car and bote.

          The model is a couple of years old now and can be found for $500 or less.

          Good luck with your search, and enjoy the Bote!