Re: Outboard suggestions?

  • pfminfo
    Message 1 of 972 , Jan 1, 2002
      I've had the Mercury 6 HP on my 12' bote since
      last spring. The Merc is exactly the same motor as the
      Nissan, so you can compare.<br><br>I'm really happy with
      the 6 HP. I think the Porta-Bote people prefer you
      use the 5 HP instead, but I've found that once things
      are adjusted right the 6 is nice - particularly once
      you try to carry a bit of a load.<br><br>Be REAL
      CAREFUL that you don't carry it or lay it down
      improperly. Make sure you ask the guy who sells it to you to
      to show you how to prevent oil from working its way
      into the carb.<br><br>Happy boating.
    • IAN
      Message 972 of 972 , May 19, 2011
        Hi. Have a look at the pictures I have posted at top of second page in the picture file. If you are looking for another idea re. porta dolly, it may be of some help.
        Ian Streten