Re: [California PortaBoters] Re: Boat seats - Harris

  • gwen baggett
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
      Thanks. I'll look up the old post again in the archives and find my error. Thanks for letting me know.

      Gadaboat

      traderzelick <traderzelick@...> wrote:
      This is Haris but unless there are 2 Harris' on the forum, I'm not
      the
      one you want to address this post to.

      Harris

      --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "Gwen" <gadaboat@y...> wrote:
      > Hello, Harris.
      >
      > I'm wondering if 1) you've sold your first set of seats, yet, and
      2)
      > if you have bought and tried the new ones from ebay. I might be
      > interested in the old ones, if you haven't sold them. Thanks.
      >
      > "Gadaboat"

    • Gwen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
        Harris, I've included below the original post to which I responded.
        Are you SURE this isn't you? Maybe you forgot about your seats? Now
        I'm really curious.

        Gadaboat

        --- In PortaBote@yahoogroups.com, "traderzelick" <traderzelick@y...>
        wrote:
        > Just wanted to pass along some info. I bought a couple of seats
        on
        > Ebay called Cool Ride ($50.00 a pair plus $10.00 shipping) that
        > have
        > a heavy duty mesh bottom and back and feel great. I attatched them
        > the seats using the method many have used, seat platform top, wood
        > stips bottom, then tighten. As much as I love these seats THEY'RE
        > TOO
        > BIG. They're 22 wide by 20 deep. Here's A warning for those who
        have
        > thought about them. You'll probably see mine back for sale on
        Ebay
        > unless I can sell them locally.
        >
        > Back to the drawing board. I have purchased a set of 2 more seats
        on
        > Ebay from the same seller as the Cool Rides, that are smaller, 15
        > wide
        > by 14 deep for $45.00 plus $10.00 shipping They come up often on
        > Ebay,
        > under "boat seats", and I'll pass on how good they are when I get
        > them.
        > Btw, it's another $5.00 each for swivels, still a dynamite price
        for
        > set of seats.
        >
        > I've made some floor boards and what I'm going to do is attach one
        > seat
        > to an old cooler I have and set it in front of the back seat. I
        need
        > to get some weight forward from the back seat and what could be
        > better
        > than to have a place to put the cold diet beverages and to put the
        > weight where it belongs. We shall see if it really works.
        >
        > Harris
      • traderzelick
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
          OK Gwen,

          It finally happened. I have now graduated to senior hours from my
          senior moments. I forgot all about that post and thought you were
          talking about porta-bote seats. I still have the seats I originally
          mentioned. My email address is hz293@.... Please let me have
          your phone number and I'll tell you about them and I'm sure you'll
          get a price you'll be happy with. Sorry for the mix up. I'm going
          in for some tests tomorrow morning so it'll be the evening before I
          can give you a call.

        • "Gadaboat"
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2005
            Harris, I missed the Cool Ride seats on ebay, darn it.
            I am good at sniping, but someone else is better. :-)
            I pushed their bid up to $58, though, and I will
            definitely pursue these seats through the seller.
            Thanks for your advice.

            Gadaboat

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Gadaboat
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 16, 2005
              Hi, Harris. I'm sorry to hear that you are selling your bote, but we do what we must.

              I appreciated your help about the seats. Did you tell me that you do have the 15" "taupe" one? If so, I would be interested in buying that one, if you don't feel compelled to sell it with the boat. Thanks.

              Gadaboat