PB Carry Straps

  • ted4916
    Message 1 of 972 , Sep 1, 2001
      A couple years ago at KMart I found some straps
      in the hunting department that were sold as straps
      to help drag deer out of the woods, but which turned
      out to be just about perfect for carrying the PB.
      Each strap was a loop of webbing (nylon?) that was
      just big enough to fit over the folded PB. The
      material was about 2" wide, so it was plenty strong. The
      strap went through a metal ring. Each strap cost about
      $2 or $3. I put four of these straps on my folded PB
      and use the metal rings to tie the PB to the cartop
      carrier. After taking the boat off the car, the straps
      just slip off. Not quite as easy on-easy off as a
      Velcro strap but then again I don't have to worry about
      the Velcro coming undone with the PB on top of the
      car. I don't know if KMart is still selling these
      straps.
    • IAN
      Message 972 of 972 , May 19, 2011
        Hi. Have a look at the pictures I have posted at top of second page in the picture file. If you are looking for another idea re. porta dolly, it may be of some help.
        Ian Streten