Re: [California PortaBoters] Florida PB Users

  • Don Krauss
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Bob,

      Strange as it seems, I haven't found a Florida PortaBote group. I know
      there are lots of owners around the Gulf coast and a few here in Orlando. I
      like to fish the local lakes too, but I am a lousy fisherman. The good side
      is that it leaves me big room for improvement. I usually Bass fish with
      artificals, " catch and release " but I tend to get everything else, like
      dead branches.

      I live in the old Skylake subdivision, across Sandlake Road from the
      Florida Mall. I am often seen on the Conway Lakes, Johns Lake near Clermont,
      Moss Park lakes and the St Johns River around Geneva.

      Don Krauss
      donkrauss@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        I'm not a great fisherman but I am addicted! My PB spent its first
        three years being folded and unfolded. This past summer I moved to
        a lakefront house. Now my boat is always unfolded and ready to go.
        I even got a trailer so I can fish all the local fresh waters and
        run over to the intracoastal areas. It's a great flats boat. I
        wonder if PB's area rep or Sandy has some way of helping organize a
        group. Always looking for fishing friends. In fact, if you want to
        learn about fishing the Mosquito Lagoon near Titusville, there's a
        special seminar I'm attending on Saturday. Let me know.

        Bob
      • Don Krauss
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hi Bob,
          Thanks, but I am tied up this weekend. Funny, I became tired of folding
          up my boat too, so I designed a trailer for it. It has been on the trailer
          for the last 8 of 12 months. ( folded for the three hurricane summer) The
          Tohatsu stays mounted all the time, and I tow it around the Greenway at 70
          mph.

          Don Krauss
          donkrauss@...